Home

When will EA add 1-aa teams?

This is a discussion on When will EA add 1-aa teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #49
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: When will EA add 1-aa teams?

So is there any chance we can 1-aa teams in the future? Please get rid of CL, Mascot Mashup, and all those mini games. EA should just focus on 1-aa teams. You don't know how many 1-aa alumni would buy the game if their school was in it.

Youtube
Old 08-03-2008, 12:57 AM   #50
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

DUDE NO STOP RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE. For me to have to pay to get what SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ALREADY is just bull. Please edit your post and take that off man before EA people see it. They nickle and dime us enough with buying a game unplayable out of the box, why make it worse by having to pay just to get stuff.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 AM   #51
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
DUDE NO STOP RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE. For me to have to pay to get what SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ALREADY is just bull. Please edit your post and take that off man before EA people see it. They nickle and dime us enough with buying a game unplayable out of the box, why make it worse by having to pay just to get stuff.
You did see where I said to set the base price at $40? You could get some of the stuff you want and still pay less than $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Or how about creating a base game for $40. Then folks could pay for additional downloadable content. Something like:
D1AA teams - $10
Online League Package - $10
Indepth Recruiting System - $10
Mascot Games - $1
Alternate Unis - $5
etc.

Some casual gamers who otherwise would not have made the purchase might get the game at the reduced "base" price. And hardcore gamers would create added revenue purchasing the extras beyond the $60 price point....and likely be happy about it.
The only problem with that is that there are a fair amount of gamers (not a lot) that don't have high speed internet access and, thus, could not get the add-ons.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #53
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
The only problem with that is that there are a fair amount of gamers (not a lot) that don't have high speed internet access and, thus, could not get the add-ons.
Good point. But it seems the industry is already working under the assumption that most people have internet access. Patches have become the norm. The most promoted features are roster sharing and online leagues etc.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 AM   #54
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
When it comes to football games specifically, I would have to say yes. Why? Because EA has bought all the licenses. And as for APF, it was one and done...so there's really nothing to say about them. I mean I could compare Madden 06 to APF, in terms of what game had what in it...but I won't. It's not a fair comparison.

As for all other game companies, I understand your point...and I agree. However, when I buy other games, I don't see a lot of these blatant "issues/problems" that seem to be present in NCAA (can't speak for Madden yet). And I'm not talking about new features either. It just leaves the gamer with the sense that they got hoodwinked. Then when the gamer still sees that old stuff isn't "in the game" coupled with these issues, then it really starts to get people upset. If all this stuff worked as intended, people wouldn't be crying about all this other stuff as much.

The point I was trying to get at when I brought up the Xbox720/PS4 is that sooner or later, something is going to have to change. OMT, as you have said, the complexity for the next gen systems is already really high. It's going to be 10x more complex with the next release of systems...and the expectations are going to be just as high, if not higher.

My last point is that EA needs to do a better job of managing expectations. OMT, as you have already stated, disk space as of right now is basically full. Which really means that we aren't going to be seeing a bunch of "new" stuff until the next release of systems OR stuff starts getting taken out of the game. It's just a little irritating to know that this is the 3rd iteration of NCAA for next gen and the game is already maxed out...
Yeah.. and that is something that we will need to deal with as a company. Unfortunately this kind of stuff is beyond my scope as a feature designer.

Back to the disk space issue... no. Disk space has never been an issue with a feature in my 5 years of game development. If there is a feature that we want, disk space is VERY low when looking at risk. But it isn't a non-issue. If a feature requires more disk space, freeing up that disk space is added to the dev "cost" of that feature. Does that make sense?

Features for the most part don't use up disk space. The number of "assets" is what uses up space. Adding new code will bump the code asset up a couple KB. Adding an art asset, that's a different story. Adding a screen? Same thing. Once you start putting screens and art into the game, you have to take disk space into account. But that can always be dealt with... disk space has never been an issue. It might be one day, but it hasn't been yet. We can find ways to free up disk space.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #55
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
This post is not intended to spark a PS3 vs. 360 argument

Whew! Cause the rest of that post was wrong! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #56
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Disk space issues would be fixed if you guys dev'd on blu-ray.
Our game is for both consoles though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »