Home

This game needs serious work.

This is a discussion on This game needs serious work. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
This game needs serious work.

First off let me start with what I do like.

The graphics, uniforms, and the overall presentation has improved greatly from the last version, no more shiney jerseys . Nice work.

I also like the controls, I had to adjust abit but got used to it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The deal breaker and quite frankly the thing that leaves me shaking my head is what happened to the Defense? No really they were there last year and this year they are sucking wind.
I've tried many packages with some great teams, namely Texas and the pass coverage as well as the pass rush are virtually absent especially on 3rd downs. Whether it be Man Coverage or Zone the results are always the same with the CPU "First Down!"

The funny thing is the CPU Defense plays like my Defense should in pass rush instances and in coverage. My AI guys are like stoned or something. I've tried many sliders and uhuh, "They don't work." Well without further sarcasm the QB's whether they be first or second string play well above the reality of college players and the kickers on almost every college team are ringers for 56 yd field goals.

I've played on Varsity, All-American and Heisman and heck even Freshman for comparison with many sliders presented here and I appreciate their efforts, but they just don't make the User controlled Defense aspire to reflect their actual counterparts. Something is amiss from last years version and it is that someone has stolen the testicles of the User Defense and given them to the CPU's QB, Kicker and Wide Receivers. If EA ever finds them please return them to the User Defense as quickly as possible because last time I checked Defense wins football games.

Thank You.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This game needs serious work.

is this the latest impressions thread in history?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Amen! I can't tell you how pissed off I am. I just finished the BSC title game. It took me 3 times to even have a shot at it (Legend mode as WR). I love coming back to win it, but the first two games the AI is just unforgivable. 4th quarter we are down by 10 points one game and 12 the next. 3rd and 12 & 3rd and 7...the stupid computer decides we need to run it...i call time out 3 times in a row to get a passing play, and it's a run every time. We fail every time, and then don't even go for it of 4th both times. This is just overly frustrating...I've not been pissed off at a game this badly in years.

Then the last attempt where I actually have a chance to win. Down 4 with 20 seconds left and we are driving down the field. Just short play to get to the red zone. I'm so pumped...then what happens? They pull me from the play. I'm the #1 WR and it's a 4 receiver set & I GET PULLED FROM THE GAME!!! I don't care if a player is tired in this situation...they aren't going to leave the game...this was so freaking stupid!!!! Luckily they get stopped at the 2 & I come in and catch the game winning TD pass.

I really am about at my end with this game. I'm so glad it's just a rental, cause that is about as frustrating as it gets. Program the MFING AI so it knows to go for it in situations like that, and so it knows...hey...maybe we shouldn't run the effing ball. It's so pathetic I can't even put it into words properly.

Maybe if I didn't do QA for a living I could cut them some slack, but this is just flat out laziness, or poor decision making from the management. This crap is unforgivable. You take the best moments of the game and just totally destroy them with idiotic crap like this.

Oh yeah also great! I won the heisman...no achievement, I won a bowl game, no achievement, I have over 1000 points in my legend mode..no achievement...Nice!

Last edited by xxzone; 08-02-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
Rookie

JStuckel21's Arena

I hit my breaking point today when the Arkansas QB went 22 of 26 with 3 TDs against my Florida D. Arkansas also converted on 11 of 12 third downs!

Switched back to COD4 for tonight.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Little late to the party.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
Rookie

It kills me simply because last years game gave me months of enjoyment albeit some issues but this is unforgivable. The whole balance and flow of the game has taken a nasty turn by neutering defense and making defensive play calling an excercise in frustration. In the pipeline on my dynasty I got killer defensive talent I've drafted and it's sad to say they are going to be severely handicapped by this problem regardless of their numbers. *sigh

Makes it kind of a moot venture to even augment a Defense if they are stifled out the gate.

To EA I can only say I know this is your livelihood making games and stuff and programmers much like artists take pride in their craft but these issues are crippling and I would be ashamed to even own one "1" or "0" in the code when it comes to the AI. Honestly the pretty eye candy and improved graphics just make it harder to accept the flaws in game play and the fact that the NCAA brand is stamped on the box and there is nowhere else to get the fix, it makes it all the more disappointing.

What can you say? This dude's YouTube vid pretty much sums up my frustration with the Defense and so many others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMMgvbGih4

If EA can patch this mess, more power to them,.... It may be something as simple as reversing a setting or it may be something that cannot be fixed period.... I'll hold off on trading this game and give them a chance. This is my NCAA challenge to EA, fix the User Defense and I'll even come back here and eat crow publicly if you do. You have my $60 the least you could do is make good on the money.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:18 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

There there...there there...Here is some extra pizza and diet soda for you. Hahahahahaaaaa....Oh, and I have a tub of Ice cream for a snack for you as well. 8 years and still the same issues...P.S.- a dry towel for your tears...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »