Home

GameTrailers Review

This is a discussion on GameTrailers Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: GameTrailers Review

The game looks good at times, at others it doesn't...

1. In the intro the guy carrying the sound device... It grows as the angle moves... It's the first thing you see... Marketing where I work would fire someone for something like this...

2. In replays the fans are heavily pixaled.

3. In replays, the ball dosen't rotate...

4. The turf doesn't get damages as the game goes on..

5. The unforms only get SO dirty, even in REALLY wet games...

6. Poor level of detail on the sidelines both durring play and replays...

7. The fans don't leave games durring blow outs...

8. Stadiums are always packed...

9. Ball lacks details in replays...

10. Fans don't dress for the weather...

I don't know if this is you area:

Ball still twists in mid air like JFKs magic bullet to lign up with WRs hands and stuff like that...

Now visuals aside, I feel that the rating that you guys at EA got was generous given the amount of gameplay problems the game has. It's all fine and dandy to say "we've patched this, that and the other thing". Fact is that this should have all been addressed before it was sent out... What about the guy in the back woods with no on-line? How's he going to get the patch? Personally, the game is what it is and were it not for the "new" engine and the only real worthy inovation to this year's game (Online Dynasty) there is no REAL reason to get this game this year. Mascot games!? Gimme a break! Gimme a working game with just Dynasty and Online and I'd be happy... I'm glad that GT went out and said what they wanted... I'd rather be pleasently surprised by a game, then let down...

Last edited by Swingking77; 08-03-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #26
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
3. In replays, the ball dosen't rotate...
it does on the 360 version.

Quote:
7. The fans don't leave games durring blow outs...
in dynasty modes(on and offline) they do leave during blowouts

Quote:
8. Stadiums are always packed...
its not always 100% full in dynasty mode when playing as low rated teams, but it is still has more people than it should for those schools.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #27
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

I thought the review as pretty good

Old 08-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it does on the 360 version.

in dynasty modes(on and offline) they do leave during blowouts

its not always 100% full in dynasty mode when playing as low rated teams, but it is still has more people than it should for those schools.
I'm gald you have a 360... It's multy platform so it should work on ALL platforms... I have a PS3. As for the other points, no, they don't leave, and the places are always packed...
Old 08-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #29
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I'm gald you have a 360... It's multy platform so it should work on ALL platforms... I have a PS3. As for the other points, no, they don't leave, and the places are always packed...
they do for me. with my Texas Tech dynasty, i beat Baylor 59-6 and by the 4th, there was basically no one in the stadium.

my online dynasty is with Arkansas State, 3 home games so far, 0 sell outs. still more people than there should be though(around 80-85% full).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #30
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
No, we definitely put dynamic attendance in the game this year.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 24

Yes in the PS3 the crowd empties in the fourth quarter if you are blowing them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #32
Rookie

I have not noticed it then...

Did you put rotating footballs in the game... One would think you did as well... Simply saying it doesn't make it so...

That being said, you learn more from harsh reviews then you do from fan boys worshipping everything you put out... Like a boss that surounds themselves with yes men... They simply leave themselves open to bad decisions, products, and even workers. Personally I think that's been the problem that EA has faced for so long, they've taken the positives as gospel while disreguarding the negatives as trolling or so on... Fact of the matter is, making a game that requires two patches to fix anything other then player ratings is pretty sad! I'd say unaceptable only that apparently it is as this is what's been going on for years now... Imagine if every year you went out and purchased a car only to find out that the company has relied on recalls to fix everything from the engine to the electrical components of the item purchased. Now picture that there is only one car company that still exixsts and that they run their business this way... You wouldn't be happy... Neither is this consumer. But instead of simply saying IT SUCKS!!! I was diplomatic and actuely tryed to help by saying why and using examples in the games for why I felt this was so. I took it that the EA employee or rep that commented was one that was into the visuals of the game, and kept my comments around that aspect of the game, the cosmetic aspect of the car... The engine and the electrical still needs work as well, but I left that out... If you (EA rep) want to hear the whole story from someone that will be honnest and unbiased, please feel free to PM me and I can run a list of things that can be improoved along with simple ways to fix them... If not, simply keep doing what you're doing, I've said my piece as it was the first time, if I was wrong on one minor issue then I appologize, but of the ten stated only one came back as not true... Food for thought, and I wasn't even looking for things to name, they simply came to mind... I'm sure had I looked harder I could have found more...

7.7 is fair, a bit generous, but fair none the less... The years of having people judge your games based on the competition are done and those that you get are nore simply those of your own... Instead of competing against another game, you're now competing with the only alternative left... The real game, and the ratings will now reflect this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »