Home

Endzone Dives

This is a discussion on Endzone Dives within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Endzone Dives

Hey yall I've been playin the game for a while now and I love it. it's a lot of fun. even with all the bugs and such (that patch 2 should fix) i still have a lot of fun. but I have a question.

Can anybody do celebratory dives into the endzone? because I have yet to be able to do one. I could do them in the demo. I'm not talking about pylon dives where they roll trying to the get the ball in bounds. but the flips and barrell rolls they showed in the trailor. I've tried pressing X just about every way i can think of as i go in, and it just gives me that lame reach for extra yards dive. I've searched everywhere on this forum and haven't actually heard anyone else mention this. It's not just me cuz my buddy who has a ps3 couldn't get it to work either. If anybody knows if EA took this out, or if it's just a bug/glitch that will be fixed let me know. I even Pm'ed ian about it and he hasn't gotten back to me. so yeah guys lemme know if u have success and teach me how to do it. cuz nothing is better than freakin your opponent and breaking away to do a reggie bush flip in the endzone. and the only thing i can't do is the flip part. lol thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Rookie

nekstyami's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Endzone Dives

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp2155
Hey yall I've been playin the game for a while now and I love it. it's a lot of fun. even with all the bugs and such (that patch 2 should fix) i still have a lot of fun. but I have a question.

Can anybody do celebratory dives into the endzone? because I have yet to be able to do one. I could do them in the demo. I'm not talking about pylon dives where they roll trying to the get the ball in bounds. but the flips and barrell rolls they showed in the trailor. I've tried pressing X just about every way i can think of as i go in, and it just gives me that lame reach for extra yards dive. I've searched everywhere on this forum and haven't actually heard anyone else mention this. It's not just me cuz my buddy who has a ps3 couldn't get it to work either. If anybody knows if EA took this out, or if it's just a bug/glitch that will be fixed let me know. I even Pm'ed ian about it and he hasn't gotten back to me. so yeah guys lemme know if u have success and teach me how to do it. cuz nothing is better than freakin your opponent and breaking away to do a reggie bush flip in the endzone. and the only thing i can't do is the flip part. lol thanks in advance

i've seen 1 flip dive so far... thats about it though. all i did was press the dive button. i don't even think i was that far away from the defenders either... might just be a really really random animation
Old 08-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

I think you have to be near the pylons to do it.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003
I think you have to be near the pylons to do it.
i'll try that i guess, but i know in the demo i could do them where ever i wanted in the endzone, but now it's like they dont even exist. cuz the ones near the pylons are just them trying to get the ball in bounds. like watch the first ncaa 09 trailor. a michigan state players dives in and does a cool barrel roll type thing going into the endzone. that's the kind of dive/flip im talking about.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
Rookie

JStuckel21's Arena

OVR: 2

I have not been able to do it. I was wondering the same thing but I'm convinced that it can't be done unless near the pylon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
Rookie

has anybody got it to work yet? cuz they just keep reaching for extra yards
Old 08-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
has anybody got it to work yet? cuz they just keep reaching for extra yards
Nope. They're not in there. People who claim they've seen them have them confused with pylon dives or goal line leaps.

Somewhere between the demo and the release of the official game, they disappeared. Too bad, too, because celebratory end zone dives and somersaults are so much cooler than lame mascot celebrations. Remember how cool they looked in the 09 demo and in NCAA 08?

I wish EA would pipe up and tell us if this is just another bug, or if they were cut from the game for a reason.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

I've done over the pile dive on the 1 yard line once and the CPU has done it to me on more than one occasion so it's in the game.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »