Home

WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!???

This is a discussion on WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!???

I'll have to try this in my CPU vs CPU dynasty. I noticed in some games last night that teams that have no business running their QB did so too many times, usually for a loss or a 1 yard gain, which of course hurt their overall rushing yards.

This game takes me back to the days gone by when the human team routinely had the nation's best rushing defense and worst passing defense.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I edit them in dynasty, but they'll revert on the main game screen. You have to choose it for them again. I also think you MAY have to start the game as the CPU and then switch sides after kickoff, but that's not confirmed yet.

The playbooks actually have taken a step back. But again, they're all the same. The plays are all from "EA Football Build ver 1.42a" they are the same plays for every team, no matter the formation, and they are the same plays in the Madden demo.

Know one playbook, know 'em all.

This is one of the single biggest reason's for the lack of deep ball or a stubborn CPU running game.

I have however had some luck switcing the CPU to "West Coast" playbook.

Also IOWA has a very solid "traditional" running playbook.

For all the improvements in the game, EA should be flat embarrassed for the playbooks on both their titles this year. Maybe that's why they want you to buy Head Coach to make your own? Doesn't help us for NCAA however.

I'll have to try this then. Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

OP couldn't be more right. It's one of the things that have been killing this game for a while now. It helps to make the game increasingly stale.

It's not only the playbooks but the computer AI.

For example:

I'm playing Florida and Tebow gets hurt. His backup who is much slower than he is comes in and they're running the same exact plays that they would run for Tebow. Urban Meyer or any sane coach would not run a QB draw with a QB under 65 speed. As a result I'm hanging in there with a vastly inferior team. Come to think about it, I can't remember the last time I lost to Florida in NCAA. Playbooks with designed QB keepers are really easy to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #12
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
OP couldn't be more right. It's one of the things that have been killing this game for a while now. It helps to make the game increasingly stale.

It's not only the playbooks but the computer AI.

For example:

I'm playing Florida and Tebow gets hurt. His backup who is much slower than he is comes in and they're running the same exact plays that they would run for Tebow. Urban Meyer or any sane coach would not run a QB draw with a QB under 65 speed. As a result I'm hanging in there with a vastly inferior team. Come to think about it, I can't remember the last time I lost to Florida in NCAA. Playbooks with designed QB keepers are really easy to stop.
Which is ridiculous because Cam Newton is more of a running QB, but EA gave Newton no respect on his running skills. I'm not saying he's a speedster, but he is a runner before he'll ever be considering a passer.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Which is ridiculous because Cam Newton is more of a running QB, but EA gave Newton no respect on his running skills. I'm not saying he's a speedster, but he is a runner before he'll ever be considering a passer.

I actually think his speed is in the low 70's...but yeah both points are valid.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
It's crazy that if you play a person who is good they can kill you with Florida becuz they're playbook is crazy and their team is nice. When you play the CPU with them they are easier. That only leads to one thing.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

if this is true, this is just as bad the lack of a pass rush and everything else.

if it's not one thing with this game it's another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

thought i was the only one that noticed
and they always run it during the worst possible moments

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »