Home

Increasing prestige...

This is a discussion on Increasing prestige... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Increasing prestige...

I had a rough time with my UvU games this time around (all were against close friends, we all know eachothers offense so its always a dogfight) so I'm looking at arounda 10-4 record... hopefully will be good enough to bump me up a star, primarily for recruiting purposes.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Usually a double digit win season will result in a bump, usually In 08 I was FAU, and my first year I was 6-6 and went from a 1 star to a 2 star. Next year 8-5 and another bump, 10-3 the 3rd year and another bump then I left. So in three years I was 24-14 and took them from 1 to 3 stars. It is all about winning game IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #11
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
Anyone know if theres some type of hard standard for increasing a teams prestige? Or is it a series of factors?

I am Cinci in an online dynasty and was curious what its going to take me to get them a prestige bump (they are currently a 3* program).
I started an ECU dynasty, and ECU is a 3-star prestige team by default. In my 1st season I lose to Virginia Tech (season opener), and Houston. I beat top 25 West V., rival NC St, and a good UVA team. I finish the season playing Rice in the Conf. Champ. gm., and lose. Then I play in the GMAC bowl, and win (I can't remember the opponent but I crushed them).

I have the 2nd best recruiting class in the CUSA like number 37 overall, and my 3 star prestige for season 2 goes from 3 to 4 stars.

Currently I'm at 4 stars, but I started the season 0-3 losing 3 non-conf. games in a row (all on the road) against WV, Texas A&M, and Boise St. I've since lost only one conf. game, and am about to finish the season against UGA (#7). I'll be in the conf. champ. game again, but due to my losses I don't know if my prestige will stay @ 4 or go back down to 3. Quite a few of my top recruits I lost to other teams so my recruiting class might not be as good either. I'll let you know if that affects my prestige in yr 2.

So basically just win, and bring in a good recruiting class. Making it to your conf. champ. gm. is crucial. I believe had I not done that my 1st yr then I wouldn't have had a prestige increase.

*EDIT* it probably helped too that I had made it in the Top 25 during my 1st yr, my highest ranking being 22.

Last edited by JBH3; 08-05-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #12
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

Not sure what can be read from it, but in my last Dynasty, my path to 5 star was as followed:

Year 1:
Program 1 Coach 1, 3-9, finished unranked, SoS F, Recruiting -, Goals 0/2
Year 2:
Program 1 Coach 1, 7-5, finished unranked, SoS F, Recruiting 85, Goals 1/2
Year 3:
Program 1 Coach 1,10-3, finished unranked, SoS F, Rec 40, Goals 2/2
Year 4:
Program 2 Coach 1, 10-3, finished unranked, SoS D+, Rec 34, Goals 2/3
Year 5:
Program 3 Coach 1, 13-0, finished 16th, SoS D+, Rec 10, Goals 2/3
Year 6:
Program 4 Coach 4, 12-1, finished 19th, SoS B-, Rec 11, Goals 2/3
Year 7:
Program 5 Coach 5, 13-0, finished 3rd, SoS A+, Rec 3, Goals 3/3
Year 8:
Program 6 Coach 6, 13-0, finished 1st, SoS A+, Rec 3, Goals 2/2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »