Home

ENOUGH with the fake punts already!

This is a discussion on ENOUGH with the fake punts already! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #25
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: ENOUGH with the fake punts already!

Ok, let me get this straight-

You line up in a special teams return formation that has obvious weaknesses to either a run or pass. The computer sees this and fakes the punt because you are giving them a first down basically. You then complain that the computer is cheesing and that the game is glitched.......Seriously?

Because clearly in real football this would never happen- it's like the argument of "Ii'm playing cover 3 all game and the game keeps glitching and nickle and diming me down the field all game with HB passes".

The game has it's issues, but if I am stupid enough to not anticipate a fake, and play some sort of lax punt coverage on a 4th and 2 at the 50 yard line then shame on me. It's not like the cpu is faking on 4th and 29's from their own 5 yard line or anything. How about you call some type of safe coverage.....like PR "Safe". No, that's right, it's too hard to pick actual special teams punt plays....this game is broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #26
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Ok, let me get this straight-

You line up in a special teams return formation that has obvious weaknesses to either a run or pass. The computer sees this and fakes the punt because you are giving them a first down basically. You then complain that the computer is cheesing and that the game is glitched.......Seriously?

Because clearly in real football this would never happen- it's like the argument of "Ii'm playing cover 3 all game and the game keeps glitching and nickle and diming me down the field all game with HB passes".

The game has it's issues, but if I am stupid enough to not anticipate a fake, and play some sort of lax punt coverage on a 4th and 2 at the 50 yard line then shame on me. It's not like the cpu is faking on 4th and 29's from their own 5 yard line or anything. How about you call some type of safe coverage.....like PR "Safe". No, that's right, it's too hard to pick actual special teams punt plays....this game is broken.
The fakes never work against me....It is so obvious when they are doing it. 4th and short around mid field and they line up in a punt tight formation. I'll even audible to a 4-3 and they still try it. So no one is nitpicking. It is a bit ridiculous the CPU tries to fake punt every other game. Maybe once a season at the most.

Youtube
Old 08-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #27
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

Who cares then if you are stopping it? Is it really worth another stupid complaint thread. It's just rediculous how many people complain about everything in this game. If I were an OS mod I'd just ban anyone that wants to complain about things- if you are not providing contructive discussion/criticism to the boards then see ya later.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #28
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Who cares then if you are stopping it? Is it really worth another stupid complaint thread. It's just rediculous how many people complain about everything in this game. If I were an OS mod I'd just ban anyone that wants to complain about things- if you are not providing contructive discussion/criticism to the boards then see ya later.
Because the game is too easy as it is...I just want realism. I am not really complaining, but I am just supporting others in this thread saying they have witnessed numerous punt fake attempts. While others are saying they never rarely see any....seems weird to me You see how many fake punts a year? Maybe 1-2 if that. If you guys are only seeing 1-2 a year, then thats great, but I am seeing one like every game.

Youtube
Old 08-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #29
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Because the game is too easy as it is...I just want realism. I am not really complaining, but I am just supporting others in this thread saying they have witnessed numerous punt fake attempts. While others are saying they never rarely see any....seems weird to me You see how many fake punts a year? Maybe 1-2 if that. If you guys are only seeing 1-2 a year, then thats great, but I am seeing one like every game.
Have you ever thought that you would see more punt fakes in real life if teams ONLY ran punt blocks all game?

Can we lock this thread? It's silly.

What's next? The cpu runs too much when I am in a 3-4 defense on 3rd and 1? The cpu goes for it on 4th down to much on 4th and 1's on my 40 yard line?
Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #30
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Have you ever thought that you would see more punt fakes in real life if teams ONLY ran punt blocks all game?

Can we lock this thread? It's silly.

What's next? The cpu runs too much when I am in a 3-4 defense on 3rd and 1? The cpu goes for it on 4th down to much on 4th and 1's on my 40 yard line?
You are missing the point dude. Who said I was running punt blocks???? I never do that unless they are kicking out of their own endzone. I just call the normal punt returns, unless I think they are faking it (which they do all the time).

I don't have a problem with the cpu going for it at all on 4th down. I like the challenge, because in year's past they would always punt it and be safe. But the fake punts are just dumb, because they never work and are too easy to read. I want a challenge, not receive the ball around mid field all game. It is easy enough to score as it is.

Your argument is silly. No teams run fake punts 1-2 times/game. I am done arguing here, because I don't even care much about it. I just was noticing the excessive fake punts too and thought I'd share my opinion on it. Obviously, saying anything negative about the game makes some people a tad upset.

Youtube
Old 08-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #31
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

heres the problem i have with the fake punts....ive noticed that corso automatically gives a play to run on 4th down. why i dont know.....but every time the comp is about to fake he always calls for a safe return...its a dead giveaway........i dont understand why the game goes to corso in the first place
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »