Home

So how's he PS2 version????

This is a discussion on So how's he PS2 version???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: So how's he PS2 version????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I miss the days of there being no "gimmicks" each year. Yes, I'm talking about you Home Field Advantage, Jump the Snap, Momentum, Motivation and Impact Players.
I agree with this. I just want college football and all that it is supposed to be.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Funny finding this thread here, as I just tried to play a game on ps3 after spending about a week on the ps2 version.

Unplayable. I didn't think I'd do this, but I'm trading in NCAA and NOT purchasing Madden this year. The "pitter-patter" of players across the field, the unrealistically slow speed of gameplay and animations, and the unresponsive control are too much. Next gen EA football is in shambles.

The ps2 version is far and a way the better choice if you own a ps3. Other than non-gameplay add-ons (stadium sounds, etc.), the only areas in which the ps3 version outshines the ps2 are roster size (80 v. 70, I think) and player model graphics. Animations, responsiveness of control, and overall game speed on the ps2 are much better than on the ps3. And then there's overall presentation value -- next gen Dynasty mode is just plain frickin' boring. Never do you feel like you've entered a separate gaming environment like in the ps2 version. The entire ps3 is just a mess of different menus, all looking the same.

If you just own a ps2, I'd say it would be worth the $40 to upgrade.

I'm sure I'll get flamed by people who stand by "next gen," but if you have a ps3, rent NCAA for ps2, give it a week, try to work around the Jump the Snap Crap (the only really glaring gameplay flaw). Then go back to the ps3 version, and grade its gameplay alone next to that of the ps2 version.

See you at the trade-in window.
Hey sixthgradetyrant, are you playing this on your PS3? I would love to check it out just for the heck of it, but I only have the 40GB, which I think means no backwards compatibility.

The only old-gen system I have is the XBOX. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Hey sixthgradetyrant, are you playing this on your PS3? I would love to check it out just for the heck of it, but I only have the 40GB, which I think means no backwards compatibility.

The only old-gen system I have is the XBOX. Thanks!
I have the 40gb ps3 also and everything I have read says that it is NOT backwards compatible unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #12
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Welcome to the ps2 version, by far the best in the entire series, next gen included. If ONLY there were a way to get rid of Jump the Snap, the game would be as close to football heaven as we have ever gotten.
Thank you. Actually though it is more like "Welcome back to the ps2 version" lol. I played every release on the ps2 up to and including NCAA 06. NCAa 07 I went with the 360 as well as 08 and 09 but I have had enough of next gen football for now. Back to the ps2 for NCAA. As long as I get used to the graphics I will love it I'm sure. It is going to be so nice to have great gameplay again after lacking it the last three years. I should have stayed with the ps2 versions all along. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20.

It is great to hear that 09 is even better than 06 on the ps2, I can't wait!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I just picked up a copy of NCAA '04 on the PS2 for $2 at Gamestop. Can't wait to give it a whirl.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #14
DickDalewood

OVR:

I am LOVIN' the ps2 version... the gameplay is just outstanding.

Seriously, scrap the ps3/360 engine and just upgrade the visuals on this baby.

Speaking of visuals, then really look pretty good. Nice and crisp using my ps3... Not disappointed at all.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #15
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I am LOVIN' the ps2 version... the gameplay is just outstanding.

Seriously, scrap the ps3/360 engine and just upgrade the visuals on this baby.

Speaking of visuals, then really look pretty good. Nice and crisp using my ps3... Not disappointed at all.
Exactly. PS2 gameplay with PS3 visuals, could you imagine? The boards here would blow up with praise. What's funny, though, is that the animations are just so much more realistic on ps2, especially the "sprint to endzone" / "pursue to endzone" ones. And being able to control DL and LB and have a true user-controlled impact on the game -- don't know how ps3/360 players can deal playing without this.

Also on ps2 in Dynasty Mode: Strength of Schedule, Spring Game, Spring Drills, Ability to Choose Impact Players, Can Only Change Position During Preseason, Pre-game intros, Post-game wrap-up, Camera Angles, Formation Subs, Better (less time consuming) Recruiting...on and on I could go about more/better features on ps2, but it's just frustrating...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »