Home

Man-to-Man Coverage The Key to Stopping the AI QB in NCAA 09

This is a discussion on Man-to-Man Coverage The Key to Stopping the AI QB in NCAA 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
I have found this year game more challenging that previous years. I dont think its a glitch per say.. and im not ruling it out. but i found that knowing your personnel also helps as well as effective play calling. I noticed that players with overall high numbers, but lower AWARENESS numbers tend not to react as fast this year. I have players with higher AWR numbers playing in key positions i.e. MLB because i noticed that the starting LB tend to bite on fakes and counters and try to blitz when he is supposed to cover the middle to try to prevent the cross route and TE / RB short passes.

I also try to do this for DB positions, but sometimes the smarter DB's tend not to be the FASTER DB's lol. Also i see fatigue setting in alot sooner than last year for me to.

Not saying this game is perfect.. but it has made me switch up what i did in past years version. which can be a good thing..

but thats just me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #42
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Man-to-Man Coverage The Key to Stopping the AI QB in NCAA 09

All I know is covering dig routes is not possible even if you double a WR with a CB and a Safety. They simply don't play close enough on the WR to stop the catch.

Occasionally a LB will be in the right spot to jump up and knock it down, but thats your only hope
Old 08-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #43
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Aren't the zone issues supposed to be fixed in the 2nd patch?
You know it. Thankfully they will be.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Even with the zone issues, it's still effective calling zone plays. I do it all the time. In fact you get more picks that way. I have never seen defense as being hard in this game though so I don't get the whole topic.

Blitzing is a huge factor too, pressure causes more havoc than usual. Unless you're going against Heisman Robo QB.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #45
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
What do you look for in a man corner vs a zone quarter when it comes to recruiting?
man corners
B or higher for man coverage and awareness
b+ for speed, agility,acceration
c or higher press rating

And the most important size 5'10 185 pounds or bigger and taller. Only way I would recruit a smaller corner is if his attributes blow me away.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #46
MVP

capp34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
All I know is covering dig routes is not possible even if you double a WR with a CB and a Safety. They simply don't play close enough on the WR to stop the catch.

Occasionally a LB will be in the right spot to jump up and knock it down, but thats your only hope
Take control of the defensive back while the ball is the air and either attempt a big hit or strip. I break up alot of plays this way.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So I just finished a game...Kansas (me) @ Missouri

We won 17-16. I only called a zone play once the entire game. I mixed up Cover 0, Cover 1 and Cover 2 from the safeties with man underneath.

Chase Daniels went 18-31 for 202 YDS and 2 INT. I went 20-27 and tossed 2 TD and 2 INT. This was on default All-American. Mind you, I don't control anyone on defense and only make the throws for the QB on offense. Daniels' second pick was the best. They're down 17-16 on 4th & IN. I call a goalline blitz and he's passing out of the goalline set. My DB #16 gets the pick (his second of the game).

AWESOME!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #48
MVP

capp34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So I just finished a game...Kansas (me) @ Missouri

We won 17-16. I only called a zone play once the entire game. I mixed up Cover 0, Cover 1 and Cover 2 from the safeties with man underneath.

Chase Daniels went 18-31 for 202 YDS and 2 INT. I went 20-27 and tossed 2 TD and 2 INT. This was on default All-American. Mind you, I don't control anyone on defense and only make the throws for the QB on offense. Daniels' second pick was the best. They're down 17-16 on 4th & IN. I call a goalline blitz and he's passing out of the goalline set. My DB #16 gets the pick (his second of the game).

AWESOME!
So would you agree with article because I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »