Home

Do you think Patch 2 can fix this game enough to save it?

This is a discussion on Do you think Patch 2 can fix this game enough to save it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Do you think Patch 2 can fix this game enough to save it?

I'm on the fence on this one. Part of me says they can, with the patch, fix the special teams coverage, fix the defensive pass coverage, the D-line pressure, and the insanely high cpu QB pass completion percentage enough to save the game this year.

The other part of me says it's too far broken and unfinished to resolve with just a patch, and the wait for next year begins.

What are your thoughts on patch #2? Is waiting for the second patch going to be worth it in your opinion? Or do we move on to Madden, or even NCAA on the ps2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Do you think Patch 2 can fix this game enough to save it?

I love the game... It has its flaws, many of them severe, and I think the patch will help to address them...

But I still love the game as-is.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

IMO fixing the special teams coverage and giving us sliders that actually work is pretty huge.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Unless they fixed the horrible pursuit angles, slow moving defenders, poor positioning by the defensive players, the OL/DL interactions, and some blocking issues, I say, No. The slider fixing can only go so far, but if the under the hood parts arent fixed it wont do much overall.

If it doesn't, I'm not buying next year unless I hear from people AFTER the game is out that all is fixed, no more throwing money away for me.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

NCAA on ps2.

I just posted in another thread that, after playing the ps2 version for a week, I found the ps3 version unplayable. The most glaring flaws are things that won't be addressed in the patch:
  1. The pitter-patter running animations are simply atrocious. Abominable. The ps2 running animations are much more fluid and lifelike. Ironic, huh?
  2. The overall speed of the gameplay is pathetic. The ps2 version may seem like NCAA Turbo-Hyperfighting, but the sluggish, pathetically slow animations of the ps3 version are simply painful to endure. I would bet that if someone actually timed a 40 or 100 yard dash with a 90 rated speed guy, the time would be totally unrealistic.
The patch won't, I assume, address these issues. The game was just built this way this year. And I read that the DL won't be addressed in patch 2, anyway. How truly sorry. The entire team responsible for NCAA "next gen" this year should be reprimanded and reassigned to handheld sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I think they could definitely fix this game with a patch if they wanted to, it really is not that far off. However, I think wide open game play will rule the day as that is what they want. I think sacks will still be very difficult to come by even after the patch and that will kill it for me. I return an interception for six virtually every game because the CPU QB just fires it off instead of taking the sack. We already have sliders that bring both teams pass blocking to 0 so I do not hold out much hope that this issue will be addressed in the patch.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Not for online. Dunno about offline. Of course the CPU is so stupid that offline seems pretty pointless to me, but whatever.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'm not sure...I guess they can't address the D-Line play in a patch, and that's pretty crucial to the game IMO. I still love the game, but it sucks that every QB has an insane amount of time to pass even when I throw blitzes at them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »