Home

So what team do you have to be....

This is a discussion on So what team do you have to be.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
So what team do you have to be....

to keep your good players from transferring to bigger programs!?!?! I had 3 four star recruits after my 3rd year at UNLV. They all started the fourth year. Had a breakthrough season...went 11-1 and all three of the four star recruits are transferring to bigger programs despite the fact they were leaders on the defensive end. That makes no sense at all. So you pretty much have to be USC, LSU, Michigan etc to keep your players happy???? Or is it possible to be Illinois or Oregon State and keep players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: So what team do you have to be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
to keep your good players from transferring to bigger programs!?!?! I had 3 four star recruits after my 3rd year at UNLV. They all started the fourth year. Had a breakthrough season...went 11-1 and all three of the four star recruits are transferring to bigger programs despite the fact they were leaders on the defensive end. That makes no sense at all. So you pretty much have to be USC, LSU, Michigan etc to keep your players happy???? Or is it possible to be Illinois or Oregon State and keep players?
What is dumb is that in real life guys don't transfer from smaller schools to big schools imo. They transfer from big schools to smaller schools to get PT.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Actually I had one of my RBs from ND, Robert Hughes, who is stuck behind two guys better than him transfer to Northern Illinois...that made sense to me.

But, I definitely hear what you are saying. Most players transfer to smaller schools because they feel they have a better chance of cracking the starting roster.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth22
What is dumb is that in real life guys don't transfer from smaller schools to big schools imo. They transfer from big schools to smaller schools to get PT.
I know...I am really frustrated with this problem right now. Part of the fun is to take a bad team and work hard to make them good. My 12-1 season was a lot of luck, but I need better players to get the team over the hump. I guess that is impossible when your good players are taking a year off to sit the bench at USC or Texas. It makes no sense at all. One of the guys told me "I don't think I'll get to see the field here coach". WHAT!?!?! You are an 84 overall and my #1 Cornerback and you're leaving to go to TEXAS!?!?!?!?

I guess I'll either go to a mid level BCS team and see if I can keep my guys. If not I'll just say screw it...I don't want to be all the power schools.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been using FIU and so far in my third year I'm yet to have anyone leave. I've gotten about 6 or 7 three star guys and 1 four star who is now my starting free safety as a true freshman. If he dips out on me at the end of the season I'll be pissed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 04:53 AM   #6
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I made a thread about this not too long ago, same thing happened to my RB after he had two great seasons..went from Tulsa to LSU..idk how to..it's recently happened with me when I had a pretty good 3* QB after two seasons with Ball State, he went to Ohio State..
Old 08-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

It seems for me all my players are jerks so to speak, they always try to transfer to my rivals, with ASU I had at least 5 players try to transfer to Arizona in a 3 year span.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #8
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Just out of curiousity, what prestige level are you as a coach? Also, did you make them any promises when recruiting them that you haven't made good on (i.e. win a national championship, etc)? I've found that this happened a lot when my coach prestige level was low, and when a recruits most important wish was to get tv exposure. When I was in my Central Michigan dynasty we never were on tv even though we went 9-3, so some guys left that wanted tv exposure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »