Home

Is this an offseason error/glitch?

This is a discussion on Is this an offseason error/glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is this an offseason error/glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
How do you police that. Is it just trust in your league members to be honest about it and not ask them to stay or do you have the commish just advance the week immediatly?
Yeah i'm the commish and i just go directly to week 1 recruiting (I skip transfer requests as well, it's really pointless). In order to be fair I dont talk my players into staying either.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldc33
Yeah i'm the commish and i just go directly to week 1 recruiting (I skip transfer requests as well, it's really pointless). In order to be fair I dont talk my players into staying either.
Question: if you talk someone into staying and it doesnt glitch back to you start week 1 recruiting with less than 10 hours?

I took me 3 hours to get my guys to stay so when i had 10 hours left i thought something was fishy.

Could you police this by seeing everyone has 10 hours remaining when week 1 recruiting starts? Or does everyone end up having 10 no matter what?

For anyone who successfully talked a player into staying did you start week 1 recruiting with a full 10 hours?

It would be nice to atleast see who is leaving.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
How do you police that. Is it just trust in your league members to be honest about it and not ask them to stay or do you have the commish just advance the week immediatly?
Wait.. you won't have stages like everything else to get guys to stay? Everyone has to be on at once?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Wait.. you won't have stages like everything else to get guys to stay? Everyone has to be on at once?
You have 1 "stage" to get your players to stay. You get 10 hours to do this but i dont know if its a seperate 10 hours or if it is the same 10 hours you get for week 1.

they should be the same. (using hours to get people to stay should mean less week 1 hours)
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

I'm fairly certain that if you keep the players you will lose the time you spent to keep them, but thats the least of your concerns.

Like i said earlier i want people to weigh in on this. In a large dynasty you basically have 2 options as far as handling keeping players.

A. Set up a time for everybody to get on, talk to players and set ready to advance. those who can't get on simply don't keep their players.

B. Don't allow anyone to keep players

To me, B is the better option. It's totally unfair to have some people not keep their players because they had more important things to do. Also, its not entirely unrealistic that you can't talk players into staying. I don't know for sure, but if somebody like Tebow wants to go to the NFL early, I really don't think Urban Meyer has much say in the decision. I could be wrong but that's the way I see it.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that if you keep the players you will lose the time you spent to keep them, but thats the least of your concerns.

Like i said earlier i want people to weigh in on this. In a large dynasty you basically have 2 options as far as handling keeping players.

A. Set up a time for everybody to get on, talk to players and set ready to advance. those who can't get on simply don't keep their players.

B. Don't allow anyone to keep players

To me, B is the better option. It's totally unfair to have some people not keep their players because they had more important things to do. Also, its not entirely unrealistic that you can't talk players into staying. I don't know for sure, but if somebody like Tebow wants to go to the NFL early, I really don't think Urban Meyer has much say in the decision. I could be wrong but that's the way I see it.

Well, if our 4 person od continues (and right now its not looking good with this) we would have to say noone is allowed to talk a player into coming back.

The reason i asked about the time being gone is it would be a honesty check without the commish having to skip the weeks.

So you could go in and see who is leaving then set ready to advance yourself.

When the week is advanced you could see if any team is starting out with less than 10 hrs and call them out on it.

It would be hard to recruit without knowing who is leaving,

To be honest i think it is crazy we are even having to talk about this scenario. Players coming back has been in this game as long as i can remember.... How does it break in 09?

Hey, atleast we have mascot games and custom sounds!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

Well it's only broken in online dynasty. Basically here's whats happening. anytime you make a change you should see that ur dynasty file is being updated and uploaded (the msg in the bottom left of the screen). but when u do players leaving that doesnt happen for whatever reason.

as far as the checking goes, its not necessary, the commissioner just skips it. in my dynasty nobody will even have a chance to talk to players so i have nothing to worry about. the only concern is that the commish would be dishonest and keep his players and not allow anyone else to do that. since i trust myself im not worried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Well it's only broken in online dynasty. Basically here's whats happening. anytime you make a change you should see that ur dynasty file is being updated and uploaded (the msg in the bottom left of the screen). but when u do players leaving that doesnt happen for whatever reason.

as far as the checking goes, its not necessary, the commissioner just skips it. in my dynasty nobody will even have a chance to talk to players so i have nothing to worry about. the only concern is that the commish would be dishonest and keep his players and not allow anyone else to do that. since i trust myself im not worried.
yeah but you have no depth chart at this point. The only way to see your roster is going to stats.

I now need to replace my #1 RB, CB and #2 WR. I would have had no way of knowing this unless i memorized my whole roster and then combed the stats to see who is missing.

Sure my #1 Rb missing is obvious but starting defender would not be to me. We are playing with crappy big 12 teams to make it interesting... None of us are fan of the teams we are using so it isnt like we know the rosters..

You cant get a depth chart until after recruiting is all done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »