Home

OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

This is a discussion on OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #49
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

This isn't really about how much degradation should occur because due to climate and location some fields will wear at a slower/lesser rate than others. UCLA, perfect grass growing and maintaining conditions. Plus with pass heavier Pac10 teams you aren't going to see as many trench warfare marks.

Regardless, this is more about it being present in the demo, at least in the mascot game, and it was handled nicely and then being absent in the retail game. I just redownloaded the demo to check it out and it's damn near perfect using the 1 minute qtrs so it would only be just as great with 7 minute qtrs. I just see some random divot type marks in the turf and some slight wear spots where a heavy gang tackle happened twice in the mascot game.

I actually played a mascot game, someone hit me in the back of the head with a shovel quick.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklover
This isn't really about how much degradation should occur because due to climate and location some fields will wear at a slower/lesser rate than others. UCLA, perfect grass growing and maintaining conditions. Plus with pass heavier Pac10 teams you aren't going to see as many trench warfare marks.

Regardless, this is more about it being present in the demo, at least in the mascot game, and it was handled nicely and then being absent in the retail game. I just redownloaded the demo to check it out and it's damn near perfect using the 1 minute qtrs so it would only be just as great with 7 minute qtrs. I just see some random divot type marks in the turf and some slight wear spots where a heavy gang tackle happened twice in the mascot game.

I actually played a mascot game, someone hit me in the back of the head with a shovel quick.

I disagree, many people here at OS want REALISIM (PURE SIM) hardcore to the max. To have excessive degradation at UCLA is blasphemous and a kick in the pants to all things NCAA Football.

Sarcasm aside have you ever noticed when you play a demo you tend to see this, "The demo is not indicative of what the final game will be."

They do that for a reason.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzigler
I disagree, many people here at OS want REALISIM (PURE SIM) hardcore to the max. To have excessive degradation at UCLA is blasphemous and a kick in the pants to all things NCAA Football.

Sarcasm aside have you ever noticed when you play a demo you tend to see this, "The demo is not indicative of what the final game will be."

They do that for a reason.
im not looking for ultra degradation. Just some to add to the realism of the game. the community shot steelerspartan shows good levels on a dry day. we dont even get that much on a rainy game in the retail game....come on. all the gang tackles, people diving and sliding all into it and not a single mark?? it clearly doesnt work just like theyve admitted on the madden forums. we all know how much is similar between madden and ncaa games. somebody dropped the ball at EA. why would they be trying to fix it if its working properly?? i bet its the same exact thing thats plaguing the degradation issues on madden.

and its not about being on the demo or not, its listed as one of the NEW features for the retail game, so its supposed to be in. go to the ea ncaa site and look at new features with the comparison between 08 and 09.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 08-07-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Agreed!!!

I am not looking for over-the-top degrade. I am just looking to be able to see a visual difference between quarter 1 and quarter 4 in a rainy game. As of now, show me a side by side compare shot of a rainy game pic 1 = quater 1, pic 2 = quater 4. I would put money on them looking the same.

Which on some field is correct, but others hummmm not so much. Footplanting, cutting, line play in general will cause digs, tears in the turf ect ect.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

You can see the puddles

Look at the wear near the endzone, i bet near the 50 it would be wrose

Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #54
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
The Rutgers/WVU game last year in New Brunswick was a mess during that monsoon.
Field doesn't look too bad from this shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbCA77OB1T.jpg (165.9 KB, 164 views)
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #55
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
im not looking for ultra degradation. Just some to add to the realism of the game. the community shot steelerspartan shows good levels on a dry day. we dont even get that much on a rainy game in the retail game....come on. all the gang tackles, people diving and sliding all into it and not a single mark?? it clearly doesnt work just like theyve admitted on the madden forums. we all know how much is similar between madden and ncaa games. somebody dropped the ball at EA. why would they be trying to fix it if its working properly?? i bet its the same exact thing thats plaguing the degradation issues on madden.

and its not about being on the demo or not, its listed as one of the NEW features for the retail game, so its supposed to be in. go to the ea ncaa site and look at new features with the comparison between 08 and 09.
No, the issue Madden is having is due to a bug. The degradation we are seeing on NCAA is how the art director wanted it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Field doesn't look too bad from this shot
hummmm compare the grass behind number 47 and then look at the patch behind #45. I tend to think the field from above would of looked worn. You can't even see wear from above in NCAA 09 after a rain game.

OMT do this for us.

Take a pic of quater 1 from above at a grass field in the rain.
THEN same game take a pic of quater 4 same angle and such and lets compare. I think this would greatly show if there is wear at all.
thanks man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »