Home

08 compared to 09, which do you like better?

This is a discussion on 08 compared to 09, which do you like better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
08 compared to 09, which do you like better?

I cant really put my finger on it, but I like 08 better than 09. It just has a better feel to me. It seems more polished, which is odd, seeing that it IS the older version, ya know. I switched up the games a couple of times, and it concluded with 08 getting the attention. Just started a new 08 dynasty as a matter of fact. What about you guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: 08 compared to 09, which do you like better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaPeeplz
I cant really put my finger on it, but I like 08 better than 09. It just has a better feel to me. It seems more polished, which is odd, seeing that it IS the older version, ya know. I switched up the games a couple of times, and it concluded with 08 getting the attention. Just started a new 08 dynasty as a matter of fact. What about you guys?
I like the defense in 08, BUT I HATE.....let me repeat that....I HATE THE PASSING in 08. QB's throw like middle schoolers.

I think 09 is better all around
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Rookie

dlamb919's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going with 09 on this one... defense is more fun to me since its so much harder, which I'm really enjoying, even if I get torched using zone with crappy UL-Lafayette. 08 had way to many insane interceptions for me
Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamb919
defense is more fun to me since its so much harder, which I'm really enjoying.
Very true, I dont think anything is really better in 08 compared to 09.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

08 is better b/c its fair all the way around. The offense is not so overpowering that yuo cant play defense. That game was just too slow. 09 got the speed back but flubbed up everything else.

In other words, when I got beat by Texas Tech on 08, I felt it was fair. When I get beat by TEch this year it's frustrating b/c this time my defensive guys are just letting passes fly right by their heads, the Tech QB is rushing, players way out of position, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Graphically it's no comparison. 09 looks 10x times better. (Nice work OMT!) Now gameplay it's a toss up for me, but mostly because of the defense/slider issues that have already been discussed to death. Im hoping patch#2 fixes some of the issues. If so, 09 easily beats out 08 for me anyway.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Rookie

dlamb919's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
08 is better b/c its fair all the way around. The offense is not so overpowering that yuo cant play defense. That game was just too slow. 09 got the speed back but flubbed up everything else.
I can't agree totally with you here... the speed is definitely back, but I still think defense is manageable. It's just a different style that you have to play to be effective in my opinion
Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

09. Pursuit angles are much better. Def players don't get in line behind the ball carrier like in 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »