Home

What would be....

This is a discussion on What would be.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What would be....

If I am trying to make a one-star program into a six-star program, what would be a plausible recruiting goal for my first few years?

I've already been through one season and got the 47th ranked recruiting class with Western Michigan.

Most of the prospects I get are interested two-stars, which usually commit. I have, however gotten a four-star and a few three-stars.

Should I stick to the two- and three-star prospects, or should I aim higher and go for pure talent although the prospects are not interested in me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Rookie

dlamb919's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What would be....

I usually wait until a few weeks into the season to see which 4* recruits aren't being recruited as heavily, then I start recruiting them pretty aggresively - usually quick call for pretty than 50 min a week for 2 weeks to see what the result is.

Other than that, I stick to 2 and 3*s. I try to stay away from 1*s unless their just total beasts (atleast compared to other 2-4*s). I haven't have any success with a 5* with UL-Lafayette, but I've gotten a ton of 2* and 1 or 2 3*s.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

the way i did it with western michigan was to target mostly 2 stars as a one star program, unless there was a 3 or 4 star interested in me. Once I filled my "needs" i would like at 3-4 star recruits that haven't been offered scholarships and go after them aggressively. If the next week their interest in you hasn't changed, find some more recruits and don't waste your time with the ones who are gaining interest in you.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Those options all sound good.

Thanks a lot!

University of Tennessee: Defending National Champs
University of Texas: 12-1 season
Western Michigan University: Defending Rose Bowl Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »