Home

Anybody else getting sick of the computer going for it on fourth down?

This is a discussion on Anybody else getting sick of the computer going for it on fourth down? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Anybody else getting sick of the computer going for it on fourth down?

It seems like half the time if the cpu is anywhere near mid-field they will go for it regardless of it's more than one yard and no matter what the game situation is. This is getting really old to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Anybody else getting sick of the computer going for it on fourth down?

Yeah, I had thought the same thing too...That and kicking 56 yard FGs.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Welcome to college football. I'm not getting sick of it... it's one of those things you see on Saturday but not Sunday. Most punters don't have the control to drop it in the corner, and most kickers don't have the leg to get the field goal, so going for it is the only real strategically viable option.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePebble19
Yeah, I had thought the same thing too...That and kicking 56 yard FGs.
Now THAT I'm sick of. These aren't NFL kickers. Most of them should be having a LOT more trouble from 40+ than they do.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

Hate to sound like a jerk but if you think college teams go for it this much in real life you need to watch more college football. 4th and inches in the other team's territory yes, but 4th and 3 on there on side of the field absolutely not. In my last game against Wisky they went for it at there own 45 on 4th and 3 ,up on me by a td with 2 minutes left. Now please don't try to call that realistic.

And I take offense to you say welcome to college football considering I have been watching college football for about 14 years now almost every Saturday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Hate to sound like a jerk but if you think college teams go for it this much in real life you need to watch more college football. 4th and inches in the other team's territory yes, but 4th and 3 on there on side of the field absolutely not. In my last game against Wisky they went for it at there own 45 on 4th and 3 ,up on me by a td with 2 minutes left. Now please don't try to call that realistic.
*shrug* I haven't experienced that. I've only seen the computer go for it in situations that make sense. Maybe one 4th down attempt every other game, maybe 2 out of 3 games. I'm in my third season of Dynasty, so I think I've got a big enough sample size.

I see the computer go for it when they're in borderline field goal range. I don't think I've ever seen them go for it in their own territory.

-Mark Twain.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP

^^Once again hate to sound like a jerk but this has been a problem reported by alot of people so please don't act like it doesn't exist. I have seen the cpu go for it in their own territory or at about the 50 numerous times in horrible situations too like the one I described above. The worst part is the cpu doesn't seem to ever call an intelligent play on 4th down so it is almost a sure stop.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4

I had just mentioned the same thing in a different thread!

They always seem to go for it and get it as well and not in situations that the computer has ever gone for it on 4th down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »