Home

Does EA already know next year's motto?

This is a discussion on Does EA already know next year's motto? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Does EA already know next year's motto?

I wonder if next year's motto is already etched in stone or if there is any chance that it could be "NEW CPU AI that LEARNS!" instead of "wide open gameplay". that would be so awesome for all of us dynasty players to get a CPU that adjusts and learns. Hell, it would be cool for the hum vs hum players to have the other 10 non controlled players start to learn. like if a DB is getting blown by WR he starts to cheat back and give him more space to contain as the game goes on. Its 2008... I know this technology is already out there just wish it would get into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Does EA already know next year's motto?

They may. I think it was Ian who said they work almost year round on Madden because it takes so much time, so they probably do have a few ideas on what they want next years game to feature.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

"Just what you've been waiting for- online mascot dynasties!"

More likely something like: "Defense wins championships"
Old 08-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCR557
"Just what you've been waiting for- online mascot dynasties!"

More likely something like: "Defense wins championships"
It really depends on what the National championship game is like. Lord help us if there is a fumble rooski called. Or a triple overtime 63-56 game. Or worst case scenario, a turnover festival. Then we'll get "Take it to the house feature" which we already had in 2008.

If its a 6-3 championship game, we'd get "step up the D" as the feature. And that would be the next best thing to a learning AI.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

You make a very good point about the trick plays. There really aren't that many in the game as is, but I can see EA jumping all over that, they would literally ship the game with crackers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It really depends on what the National championship game is like. Lord help us if there is a fumble rooski called. Or a triple overtime 63-56 game. Or worst case scenario, a turnover festival. Then we'll get "Take it to the house feature" which we already had in 2008.

If its a 6-3 championship game, we'd get "step up the D" as the feature. And that would be the next best thing to a learning AI.
wow, that is a good point. I guess I never noticed how much EA lets ONE FOOTBALL game gimmick up their release for the year. LOL, next year I will watch the game hoping for a 3 to 2 win with a defensive safety and a lone field goal!!! LOL
Old 08-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:

No, b/c then they would dumb down the offense in favor of the defense. Then we'd have the same issue we have this year, but reversed.

I suggested it'll be called, "New! Lights Out D"
Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »