Home

cant start dynasty! need help!!!

This is a discussion on cant start dynasty! need help!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
cant start dynasty! need help!!!

hi all,

downloaded the patch. got my rosters. game plays on exhibition mode fine.

when i start my dynasty, the menu screen pops up (after team selection) with the scouting, redshirt player options, depth chart, etc.

the last option is to finally start the season. after i do all the tasks, i click on start season. it asks me if i want to sim all previous things or to cancel.

i sim so i can start, but that is where everything locks up. the ticker is still scrolling at the bottom, but it will not get me to the next phase (which i assume is the front page of the game screen in dynasty mode).

i have waited as long as 5-10 minutes, and it is always stuck on "advancing". is there an unusual wait time to get into this mode? or is something wrong that i am missing?

thanks in advance for all your help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: cant start dynasty! need help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarnwhiskey
hi all,

downloaded the patch. got my rosters. game plays on exhibition mode fine.

when i start my dynasty, the menu screen pops up (after team selection) with the scouting, redshirt player options, depth chart, etc.

the last option is to finally start the season. after i do all the tasks, i click on start season. it asks me if i want to sim all previous things or to cancel.

i sim so i can start, but that is where everything locks up. the ticker is still scrolling at the bottom, but it will not get me to the next phase (which i assume is the front page of the game screen in dynasty mode).

i have waited as long as 5-10 minutes, and it is always stuck on "advancing". is there an unusual wait time to get into this mode? or is something wrong that i am missing?

thanks in advance for all your help!
It sounds like your disk is scratched or faulty. Because, this should not be happening.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth22
It sounds like your disk is scratched or faulty. Because, this should not be happening.
Hmmm... it COULD be, you can't rule anything out, but I don't think so. I would suggest he load from where he last saved the dynasty and advance from there. If it happens again, he should start a new dynasty with that roster and just sim EVERYTHING in the preseason. If it crashes like this again, then there is something wrong with the roster. If it doesn't crash, the roster is ok and there is something he did in a preseason step that caused this crash. Not that it is his fault, though! That's not what I meant. But from that point, start over and do the preseason stuff again. There is not a known bug to cause this crash, so I'm not sure what help I could be unless he figures out exactly what is causing it.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think it has to do with pre patch rosters being used post patch. i use illinois, and managed to d/l "kingroseters" set. i tried to get a couple off ea locker, but can never seem to get them without an error message. (cant seem to figure out how to change my privacy settings either, hell, i am not even sure what my 4 digit password is).anyway, it seems to be tied to the FIU depth chart thing. i have manually set it and saved, but it does not keep. i tried a little workaround (of editing a players attribute on FIU and then saving which should pop it back to normal) but with no luck.kinda frustrating. any suggestions?thanks in advance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »