Home

What am I doing wrong? (dynasty)

This is a discussion on What am I doing wrong? (dynasty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: What am I doing wrong? (dynasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gold and Blue
Ohio St, Florida and Notre Dame are all still ranked in the top 20. I looked at the schedules of the other teams ahead of me and it isn't nearly as impressive as my schedule, but then again how many teams play three top 10 tens in consecutive weeks? So far my schedule as been Marshall, #10 Ohio St, #11 Florida, 18# Notre Dame, Rutgers, USF, and #22 Louisville. Sure I have some cupcakes, but so does everyone else, my schedule is a lot stronger than probably every other team. Oh and I've also blown out everyone too.
Yeah it definitely seems the poll logic is off.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

the poll logic is ****ing ******** in this game, and always has been. 12-2 Oklahoma who beats 12-2 Tulane in the Fiesta Bowl ends up ranked lower than Tulane

that sets up a larger problem in that the mid majors become powerhouses because progression is based on W/L rather than some attribute of a player. so after a few years when those midmajors are running off 10 win seasons, they get the best classes and the best progression boosts.

then you have 12-0 ECU against 11-1 Tulane in the CUSA CG.

this has always been a problem, each year i see Duke/Oreg St/WSU/ISU/Iowa in the bottom of the rankings, and SDSU/Utah/FS/NT in the top 40
Old 08-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
the poll logic is ****ing ******** in this game, and always has been. 12-2 Oklahoma who beats 12-2 Tulane in the Fiesta Bowl ends up ranked lower than Tulane

that sets up a larger problem in that the mid majors become powerhouses because progression is based on W/L rather than some attribute of a player. so after a few years when those midmajors are running off 10 win seasons, they get the best classes and the best progression boosts.

then you have 12-0 ECU against 11-1 Tulane in the CUSA CG.

this has always been a problem, each year i see Duke/Oreg St/WSU/ISU/Iowa in the bottom of the rankings, and SDSU/Utah/FS/NT in the top 40
LOL in my season. I am in 2009 now and BYU is playing Fresno St for the Nat championship. All the other big teams lost and they just kept moving up until BAM!!! NC game!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »