Home

Running Qb's (Slow)

This is a discussion on Running Qb's (Slow) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
Banned

Popeyes's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Running Qb's (Slow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Once upon a time, you could change the CPU's playbook (and uniform) at the controller select screen before starting a game.

I don't think you can do it anymore, but it would be a nice feature to bring back.

You can put the controller on the CPU team before the game and set the offense/defense to whatever you want it to be and the second the game starts you can switch it back. You'll be the CPU for the kickoff, but after that its all gravy. This is what I do when I play a team like Oregon who in real life runs a 3-3-5 but in the game is set to run a 4-3 - you can obviously do this with offenses that seem to have a lot of QB runs in their playbook but a really slow QB.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

So do you do west coast for all teams ? Any other playbooks that don't have many qb options ?

I'm after a quick fix and don't want to check each playbook each game. I'd rather just change each teams playbook to ones without options before each game. I'd like a selection to choose from though.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Slow cpu qb's running the ball is really get old for me as well. Problem is I really don't want to change team's playbooks because I want them to use the same playbook they use in real life because I am all about realism.

Also as a side note good running cpu qb's like Pat White for example seem to be awful runners too and can't seem to do anything against me. On options they look for the pitch even when nobody is there and there passed the line scrimmage, you can see it sometimes on replays they are still holding like they are going to pitch it instead of tucking and running. Also on straight up runs they seem to be clueless on where the hole is and never hit it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »