Home

Priority Number One for NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on Priority Number One for NCAA 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Priority Number One for NCAA 2010

The problem is we think these things should be fixed/improved/overhauled but will EA?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree...

For number three I want a import online dynasty feature. My dynasty uses one star teams and builds them up over time. Its gonna suck to have to scrap everything and start over when 2010 comes out.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Next year's tag line for improved OL/DL play...

BATTLE IN THE TRENCHES!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #12
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Next year's tag line for improved OL/DL play...

BATTLE IN THE TRENCHES!
And then the D will be so outrageous that you won't be able to get a pass off or run the ball because the DE's will be in the backfield before you can make a read.

I think they shouldn't be focusing on one aspect and glorifying it. How about EA just stick by their motto and make it feel like real football.

"If it's in the game, it's in the game."
Old 08-13-2008, 01:36 AM   #13
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Man, you're so pissed you have two "priority number one's."

Agreed, but would add a third number-one priority: add some frickin' presentation value, especially to dynasty mode. I have the ps2 version because its dynasty mode blows current gen's out of the water. The same damn menus, no matter what game mode you enter?

Lazy. Just plain lazy...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
The problem is we think these things should be fixed/improved/overhauled but will EA?
Yes, WE think this - another problem is that others on this board will chime in with "you need to fix Team A's socks!!!" Fix the damn game, then add all the window dressing. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #15
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Yup. The big "feature" of NCAA 2010 should be gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. I want to see the sharpest, adaptive AI the series has ever had, I want responsive sliders that work, and I want proper pursuit angles.

After that, I'd love to see online co-op, custom playbooks, and high and low snaps out of shotgun, field goals and punts. But gameplay and AI are #1 by a mile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
1. Completely scrap the current OL/DL Interaction engine and build a new one.

2. Completely scrap the current CPU QB AI and build a new one.

Everything else is a distant second.

There should be no excuse for seeing O linemen go into suction blocking and play patty cake for 10-15 seconds or get pancaked.

There should be no excuse for CPU QBs to either throw a completion or a pick, nothing in between. There should be no reason to see a CPU QB throw a perfect strike off his back foot falling away, or doing a complete 360 degree spin, throwing across his body on a rope to a wide receiver.

Not "wide open gameplay".

Not "Create a cheerleader".

Not Having the freaking Sun in its correct rising and setting angle in correlation to the Endzone concession stand.

Period.

End of statement.

Sincerely,

AuburnAlumni
While I agree with you that those items need fixing, the #1 problem with this game is that for offensive skill players the only attribute that matters is speed.

I could recruit a team of 2 star guys and if I had 2 WR and 1 Rb with A or A+ speed I could put up 80+ points on elite teams like USC and beat mid tier teams by 100 points on Heisman.

I started year 2 of My ND dynasty after going 10-3 with basically 90 to 92 speed guys. Year 2, I started some 96 speed guys at the skill postions and beat Georgia Tech 84-20 and STanford 111-28 on Heisman. I could have scored more points but I got bored.

It has totally ruined recruiting and the game for that matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »