Home

Priority Number One for NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on Priority Number One for NCAA 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #25
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Priority Number One for NCAA 2010

While I've really never been a fan of the Madden series, after playing the 09 version and going back to NCAA you really notice the huge differences in the games.

I'm not talking about the differences between the Pro and College games themselves but, Madden is so well done compared this pathetic effort from the NCAA team.

I played Madden for two hours last night and then went to play my online dynasty game in NCAA and I just found myself getting more irritated with the BS that is NCAA 09.

While I agree with what AA is saying about things that need to be fixed, I find it tough to say what the number one priority is because there are so many things wrong with the 09 version I wouldn't know where to start.

I really hope this team gets their heads out of their collective you know whats for next year because the priority list for NCAA this year is a joke.

....and don't come in here and tell me about the great changes in lighting and grass textures! The lighting actually looks WORSE this year.

The more I watch this video...well you get the idea. I would love to talk to the person that thought "yeah that looks about right". WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES PAL AND HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A GAME?!?!?!?! I have no idea how this s*** makes it into a final retail copy of a game. What an embarrassment! And save the "we need to cater to all types of gamers" garbage.

EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #26
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
While I agree with you that those items need fixing, the #1 problem with this game is that for offensive skill players the only attribute that matters is speed.

It has totally ruined recruiting and the game for that matter.
This is absolute gospel. It's funny because Brandon Saine (OSU backup RB) is more effective than Chris Wells because he's faster.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #27
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I think we need to scrap ALL of the tackle animations since they have no rhyme or reason to them. Yes, ALL of them, unless the logic is fixed.

It's pretty stupid to tackle a 170lb RB head-on with two humongous LB's and the RB drag them for several yds. It's also frustrating that it seems to happen in situations where the CPU is close to the 1st down marker.

Unless the physics logic behind this is corrected, I'd settle for just the few animations we had on last gen
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 34

After they do that, add some coaching logic and some more authentic team playbooks. I dont wantto see any QBs under a 70 speed running a QB choice keeper. Ever

This game would be a different ball of wax with somewhat realistic front 7 pressure presence.

If they only addressed that, and left everything else as is, that alone would make the game about 20% better.

Also, for the love of all that is holy- STOP DECELERATING MY DEFENSIVE PLAYER THE SECOND I SWITCH DEFENDERS.

I'm sure you all notice this. You see a guy chasing down a scrambling QB, you switch to the guy to chase him down yourself and the second you do, he slows down.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

- I wish the teams would warm up before the game. ( Even if it is animated ) or you could do warm up drills, and depending on how good you do it determines how hot or cold you are to start off the game. And at the end of the game have celebrations. ( I think 07 had it )

-More commentary. I think they pretty much used last years commentary this year. Im tired off " AARP says, pick this play " I know it would be probaly hard but i dont like how they say the score ( Ohio state............38 Michigan..............14 ) Also what would be nice is when a player gets hurt, a couple of plays later have some later talk about the injury and when he will be back.

- Also, during recruiting, if you recruit a 3 star recruit and he ends up being a 85 OVR. Kind of a ' needle in a haystack' or a draft steal if u get what i mean.

- Weather that effects the game play.

- I liked the ' little fights' they had in this game. Maybe if two huge school rivals played and through out the game they had little battles ( Like between the CB and the WR or DL VS OL ) I dont think the universities would like that though lol

Im not complaining, i think 09 is an awesome game, i think these could make next years game even better.

-Also what i just thought of would be when a player receiving a huge hit, his helmet would fly off. and they should also make mouthguards that the players could take out and put back back in.
- And if your team is kind of sucking, instead of the stadium filled up, only half of the fans show up.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I'd like to nominate cpu play calling as a distant second - encompassing situational awareness for playcalling and individualizing teams.
Definitely NOT a distant second. For me this is the biggest gamekiller.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardon
- And if your team is kind of sucking, instead of the stadium filled up, only half of the fans show up.
There is dynamic attendance in this game.....its hard to see but there are plenty of empty seats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

eh, i think you guys are missing the biggest blunder of all....
pursuit angles...horrible, just horrible.
But in general the gameplay needs to be sharper, this is 09..c'mon EA quit being lazy..we dont give a **** about mascot mash up..we want realism!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »