Home

Doing away with the sprint button

This is a discussion on Doing away with the sprint button within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Doing away with the sprint button

I know this has been talked about. But I would like to see us discuss something that is directly related with the game.

I think a NHL 2008 system of movement would be great. Further the left stick is pressed in a direction the fast the player moves in that direction (fully pressed = full speed rating).

This alone could help us in the lineplay mechanics. This would free up both triggers. Doing away with the RT, sprint button and do away with the strafe LT. Lightly pressing left or right on left joy stick would be your strafe. If pressed fully the player would turn shoulder toward running direction.

With the LT and RT buttons open we could go with 4 different options for the D-line to put pressure on the QB. Example.

LB = Swim
RB = Spin
LT = Rip
RT = Speed Rush

What do you all think?
Discuss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Doing away with the sprint button

pretty good idea.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree for the most part. Either dump the speed burst or limit it's use by player attribute (not as effective for lower spd/acc players and/or it gives out after a small amount of time for low stamina guys)

The new buttons you list are good for linemen. What about DBs and LBs though? What moves do they need that could be added by freeing up the RT? Strafe on the LT and ? on the RT? We already have strafe/swat/pick.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

If they went with a system like this and have the line play animations play out very similar to how the tackle animations play out.

Think of it like this. You are playing as Left DE, You already know you going to try and beat the tackle with a swim move off the start. The ball is hiked, you hit swim move, as soon as you see the tackle move over to make the block you hit the spin move and just like the tackle animations the spin move would play out right when making contact and you change direction spinning to the outside, getting around the tackle. You could do alot of different stuff.

First and foremost the lineplay needs 200-300 more animations.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I agree for the most part. Either dump the speed burst or limit it's use by player attribute (not as effective for lower spd/acc players and/or it gives out after a small amount of time for low stamina guys)

The new buttons you list are good for linemen. What about DBs and LBs though? What moves do they need that could be added by freeing up the RT? Strafe on the LT and ? on the RT? We already have strafe/swat/pick.
Could be a shade hotroute button. Y + RT or LT = shade WR left/right shoulder.

In gameplay we would need to discuss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

I play as a LB all the time and I can't really come up with something new that I need on a button. The way it is on defense as a LB right now, the RT as speed burst is needed because they have auto strafe on all the time more or less and unless you speed burst you'll go everywhere ultra slow.

If that was fixed and RT was free, you could use it as a arm tackle button a la 2k. Or it could be a general wrap up tackle button, sort of the opposite of the hit stick where you get a sure tackle but you may give up yards as the ball carrier fights forward...but then that screws up your button assignment for DT/DEs because they need to wrap up too.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree, I posted something like this before. Your idea would work if the direction you are holding the stick counted for something. My idea was to have rb power move right, rt finess right, LB power left, LT finess left. I also like the idea of the stick position for how fast you are running. The speed ratings should count for something not the turbo/speed burst button. Also on ratings when you are facing a 93 rated OL it should be harder for the DL to get off the block and vice versa.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

A new system is needed. How irritating is it when your DE is engaged with the T and the RB is going to the outside and you hold the stick to the outside and press a move only to have him spin/rip to the inside? Makes me want to break stuff!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »