Home

The Arkansas State Indians?

This is a discussion on The Arkansas State Indians? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon11 The Arkansas State Indians?

The game has them labeled as the Arkansas St. Red Wolves, but the PA announcer states their name as the Indians. I guess they may just use old voice overs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: The Arkansas State Indians?

they changed their mascot name to Red Wolves this season, it was probably too late in the dev cycle to re-record new lines to reflect it or the PA announcer change was just missed. i think the "official" date where ASU changed their name was March 7th and the new "Official" logo a week or so later.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they changed their mascot name to Red Wolves this season, it was probably too late in the dev cycle to re-record new lines to reflect it or the PA announcer change was just missed. i think the "official" date where ASU changed their name was March 7th and the new "Official" logo a week or so later.
But according to OMT, they wiped the game clean of Indians references and recorded stuff for all of the possible nicknames. Then, after they released the official name, the put that in. That may have just been for Corso & Co. though.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma1093
But according to OMT, they wiped the game clean of Indians references and recorded stuff for all of the possible nicknames. Then, after they released the official name, the put that in. That may have just been for Corso & Co. though.
I think this is pretty common for the PA announcer...Troy hasn't been Troy state since 2004. But the PA announcer still says state
Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
The PA was missed. We couldn't get a recording session for PA this cycle, so I TRIED to remove the Indians lines from the PA project (and he would say "Arkansas State" instead), but apparently I missed that somewhere in the project.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtClaybon
I think this is pretty common for the PA announcer...Troy hasn't been Troy state since 2004. But the PA announcer still says state
Really? Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtClaybon
I'm guilty of that in real life. Memphis State is now the University of Memphis, and has been since 1994, but I still call it Memphis State every once in awhile because that's what my dad's always called it.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
I'm guilty of that in real life. Memphis State is now the University of Memphis, and has been since 1994, but I still call it Memphis State every once in awhile because that's what my dad's always called it.
Thats an easy fix. Just go into the code and change it so that there are no references to 'Memphis State'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »