Home

NCAA Better than Madden?

This is a discussion on NCAA Better than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Better than Madden?

I like NCAA much better as well. Maybe if franchise was fixed inMadden Id give it more play but still I enjoy the gameplay of NCAA much more than Madden.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

ive been playing NCAA more than madden because of the online dynasty, but IMO Madden is a much more polished game this year. Madden is better, they just need to make franchise mode more exciting, or bring it online!!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #19
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

All NCAA has going for it is college footballness and dynasty. That's it. Madden is the better game (not perfect) between the lines. NCAA really is a mess right now.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #20
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

I prefer NCAA more, but that is just due to the fact I enjoy college football to a greater extent. For the past two years now I have just bought NCAA, since dishing out another $60 for Madden is too much, but Madden sure has been a hell of a lot more polished and nicer looking. The NCAA games need to get some of their stuff from that to really help make it a lot better.

I played Madden 09 the other night with my friend who got it and it was pretty cool with the pre-game entrances, new commentary, etc. Which has lead me to decide to rent it.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

No.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #22
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

The people who have a clear cut bias for the College game can't really rate this comparison fairly because even if NCAA is the weaker game, they will still say that it's better than Madden.

Looking at both games with no bias, it's preety obvious that Madden out of the box is the better game.

-Less Robo QB
-Sliders than work
-Effective pass rush
-Pursuit angles
-CPU AI is dumb, but still better than NCAA, especially in terms of team specific play styles...

Best to rate both games after patch 2 is out.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #23
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm an OHIO State fan and love the atmosphere of the game when playing as OHIO State but as someone who graduated from from OHIO University, I'm a huge fan of small school ball and the MAC.

NCAA 09 didn't even feel like using the models they already had from the PS2 and Xbox Versions of the game in the PS3 and 360 versions so I'm playing Ohio in a stadium that holds 100K+ people and it really makes me feel disconnected from the game.

Most of the small schools have the best traditions and some of the best battles since they don't have the big powered players that most do so when a HUGE play is made (especially against a big team) it should feel huge. Fans and players should be jumping up and down and going crazy.

In the Next Gen College games, I feel there is no difference from Ohio State to Ohio University other than OU has crappier players and that's a shame. The big boring stadium makes me not wanna play OU as I loved the design and feel of the real stadium, victory hill, the band bleachers and sidewalk that goes all the way around the filed (under the bleachers etc).

Again, playing the BIG Schools does feel right but its the detail they lack in the small schools and the failure to mimmick it's atmosphere that I think makes me love Madden more. With Ohio State, I make a HUGE stop on 4th (like just a second ago) and I jump up going YEAH! I can feel it and to be honest, I expected it to happen. In small schools, if I were to make that stop I should be able to get excited about it but really I only think, wow I was lucky, we get the ball back now.

Also, lets face it, the animations, announcers (now) and all that help to make Madden a better game right now. Sure you can shed blocks etc in NCAA but all of that looks so much more fluid in Madden. You hit a guy in NCAA and I can predict one of three ways he'll fall, no matter the situation he was hit during. In Madden, you pop a guy and there's 20-30 different ways he can fall or even pop back out of it from there!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #24
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Every year I take Madden back for trade in after two weeks as I seem to enjoy NCAA more each year. This year (pre-working sliders) I am giving the edge to Madden which is hard for me to say as I usually bash it every year.

Honestly, I am enjoying HC beatter than both right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »