Home

"Missing" Features vs. New Features

This is a discussion on "Missing" Features vs. New Features within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5
"Missing" Features vs. New Features

I hear a lot more talk on the different forums about wanted CG features (like create-a-team) than about wanting new features like "wide-open gameplay". Is there something particularly technically challenging about create-a-team (in particular) or is it more of a marketing decision to give the appearance of moving forward and not backward? I might be way off base, but it seems like taking a year to focus on fixing bugs and bringing all systems up to the same feature set (where possible) would make the fan base happier than adding new features that take a couple of years to work out the kinks. I imagine that EA makes more from those of us who buy the game each year than in sales to first timers, but the focus seems to be on new players (particularly with All-Play). Don't get me wrong, I still buy and enjoy the game each year (even on the Wii this year) -- I'm just curious about the rationale (and would ask the boards their opinion to see if I'm reading it wrong).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »