Home

Where are you in your Dynasty career

This is a discussion on Where are you in your Dynasty career within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Where are you in your Dynasty career

I'm taking part in two online dynasties, which are so enjoyable that I can't even bring myself to go back to my offline dynasty...I just get bored with winning the NC every year, and always having the #1 recruiting class. The first dynasty is a BCS schools dynasty. The teams in the first year were:
Oregon
USC
Purdue
Tennessee
Florida
Michigan
WVU
Nebraska
Texas
Texas Tech
Clemson
Boston College

Our scheduling rules make this a fun league. All users are required to schedule at least 4 games against users. I'm Oregon, which was a nice little handicap, since their rating were highly inaccurate on the low side. I ended up 2nd in the Pac 10 and finished just outside the BCS after Michigan had wrapped up the Big 10 and decided to throw the last game to keep me from jumping Ohio State to get into the big games. No worries, though...I finished 10-3 and ranked higher than Michigan, and had the #3 recruiting class after Florida and Nebraska. We are currently in the 2nd year of our dynasty during bowl week, and I have won my way into the championship game against Florida. The teams changed a bit...no more Texas Tech or USC or Tennessee...instead we have Washington State, Notre Dame, and LSU. Next season the guy using ND will switch to a Big East school so we will have 2 players in each major conference. I'm a huge underdog in the game, since Florida is a 97 OVR and Oregon is only a 79 OVR, but I have the #1 defense, and will return 10 starters on my offense next season, so hopefully I won't have to hold everyone to 14 points to win games.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #50
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

You guys that play multiple seasons. How do you play your games? Ranked opponents? Conference opponents? Are every game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
You guys that play multiple seasons. How do you play your games? Ranked opponents? Conference opponents? Are every game?
I play every single game. Since everyone in my league is either in college or has a job, the dynasties already take a while...may as well play every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #52
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Depends... sometimes I want to get to a big game so I'll sim a few. Generally I play around 9-10 games a year and sim 2-3.

I super-sim a lot when I get up though...
Old 09-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #53
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm in my 2nd season with FIU

2008: Finished 7-6 and crushed SMU in the New Orleans Bowl
2009: I'm 3-1 with an upset over Texas Tech and a loss to TCU. I just defeated Memphis
Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #54
Rookie

medward26's Arena

OVR: 1

started out with washington..
2008 5-7
2009 10-3
2010 10-3
2011 11-2

got an offer from nebraska and took it

2012 13-1 Lost to Oklahoma in the Big 12 ccg. There were 3 undefeated teams at the end of the season but no split titles.

2013 10-3
2014 10-3
2015 1-0

My 2015 squad is the most talented team i've had in my career. offense is rated 96 overall with a 92 rated defense. was running pro style offense but i got bored with it and switched to the spread option.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #55
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
When I play with powerhouses, i'll sim some of the simpler games but since i'm playing with WKU I can't really risk simming games even if its against Tulane or cellar-dwellers.

So far I've beat the non-bcs teams convincingly while the bcs teams i've barely beat.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #56
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Year 5 with Boise State.

Year 1 (12-1) Only loss was to New Mexico St. on the road. Their QB lit me up. I won the Hawaii Bowl. Ian Johnson left

Year 2 (12-1) Only loss was to Arizona St. on the road. My Freshman weren't ready for a big road game. I won the Hawaii Bowl, again! I signed some really good recruits and my team started to just tear up the WAC. No real challenges except Arizona St. I signed a HB who reminds me of Reggie Bush and a QB who reminds me of Leinart. Go Figure. They both started since their freshman year.

Year 3 (13-0) I made the Fiesta Bowl and demolished Alabama 41-13 or something. Again, my recruiting improved, alot.

Year 4 (13-0) I made the Fiesta Bowl again. I beat USC in the last game of the season, but it wasn't enough. Oddly enough, I played OU this time and handled them easily.

Year 5 (3-0) My freshman have finally became seniors and one of them is on the Heisman watch (the one who reminds me of Reggie Bush). He returns kicks, is my starting HB, and plays in the slot, sometimes. He rushed for over 1,000 yards the previous 3 years with only about half the carries. My QB (Robertson) who reminds me of Leinart is a Senior and a 94 overall. I was sick of not making the BCS Championship, so I scheduled 4 top 25 teams in the Pac-10. I beat Cal 45-24. I beat UCLA on the road in a tight one 45-42. I beat USC last night 46-45 in an epic game at home to extent my home winning streak to 67 games. I was down 42-17 in the 4th quarter. I ran a kick back to make it 42-24. I stopped USC again and scored another quick TD. 42-31. USC missed a FG and I made another big play to cut the lead to 42-39. I went for the onside kick with only about 2 min to play. USC got it back and was aggressive. I held them to a FG 45-39. I then got the ball back and threw a quick route to my HB, who went about 77 yards for a TD and I won 46-45. USC kicked my *** majority of that game too. I was just glad to finally get challenged. Next I play Arizona St at home.

I hope I get invited to the Pac 10 after this season. I beat every WAC team by 30 points now. The previous year my backup QB got a lot of snaps, since I was blowing the CPU out at half time. I'd do mass subs. He had about 10 TD passes.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 09-30-2008 at 11:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »