Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #57
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Has anyone in this thread tried out the penalty theory mentioned in the slider forum? Based on what I read there, I'm going to change my penalties when I get home and see if it makes a difference in gameplay for me.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #58
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't hate the game.. I just don't accept all of the problems that are completely unexcusable... Last-gen should not be better then next-gen. There is no valid excuse.. Just said and lazy programming because if you want official college football, you have to buy EA'a crap product... They used to be known for quality and treating their programmers like rockstars! What in God's name happened to EA??

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #59
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Has anyone in this thread tried out the penalty theory mentioned in the slider forum? Based on what I read there, I'm going to change my penalties when I get home and see if it makes a difference in gameplay for me.
Haven't seen the thread yet.. What kinda crazy stuff is going on now?? With the sliders as messed up as they are, anything is possible.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #60
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreeii
I tend to agree that EA is doing this purposely. Think about it, they can only improve upon the game so much before they can no longer improve the gameplay. I am not saying it is right but they need to be able to hold the proverbial "carrot" in front of the horse (us) to keep it motivated (buy the game).

They have removed so many apsects that I really enjoyed, the matchup stick, formation subs, in-game player progression/regression. I am of the belief that they will add these features to the game in coming years just to keep us enticed.

Personally, I would rather they do major updates every other year. They could release basically the same game in between or they could offer a patch or roster update via online purchase, you oculd buy it directly from EA or via your PS3 on-line connection. I think this would help them, they could charge 29.99, I would be willing to pay that much and I would be happy knowing that they would release a better product the next year. Their profit margin would be ridiculous because all they would be doing is releasing a roster, schedule, and title update. This way they could spend two years developing a new and improved game and they could manipulate their budget to accommodate this.

What do you think about that?
I think that is a great idea.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #61
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
Haven't seen the thread yet.. What kinda crazy stuff is going on now?? With the sliders as messed up as they are, anything is possible.
The link is below:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...me-play-3.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #62
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
I don't hate the game.. I just don't accept all of the problems that are completely unexcusable... Last-gen should not be better then next-gen. There is no valid excuse.. Just said and lazy programming because if you want official college football, you have to buy EA'a crap product... They used to be known for quality and treating their programmers like rockstars! What in God's name happened to EA??
Dude...you got sold on the "next gen" marketing crap from the game companies. Next gen is an arbitrary term used to sell the new systems. The only differences are faster GPU and CPU power combined with more memory. It's different architecture....they aren't building on the same gaming platform...they design from scratch and add to the game. Do you remember when the regular Xbox and PS2 came out? How as NCAA and Madden then? Lacking many features of the PS1 days if I recall correctly. This isn't new, folks. Next Gen does not equal "better". It means new and faster hardware...that's it.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #63
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11

agree 100%. I am one of the weirdos that actually like this game. But everytime I go on this forum, I feel like I am the only one who likes the worst game ever made. I am sitting here trying to figure out why I am enjoying this game so much while its obvious that everyone here hates it. I just don't get it. But maybe its because of all the things you just mentioned....because that is pretty much me. ....maybe its because I haven't played madden 09 yet so I have no clue what a good football game is, maybe its because i am getting a little bit older and just don't care too much about pursuit angles and robo QBs as much as i used to and just have learned to have fun with this video game.....I guess I am not as "hardcore" as I used to be? I don't know what it is, but all I know is that I absolutely love NCAA 09 and I do recognize its flaws.....I do hope that the 2nd patch makes a noticeable difference in the gameplay, but I am still having fun with the game as is....
You aren't alone, bro. You are part of the majority, actually. The vocal minority will always be around on the boards screaming and yelling about features and bugs. It happens every year for every game. I am a tech mod on the developer board for a popular medieval strategy game and we have the same things happen with every release and expansion ("what's wrong with the programmers?? The new game sucks! It's buggy!!").

A lot of us like the game and most people don't even post on forums...

Regards.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #64
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
You aren't alone, bro. You are part of the majority, actually. The vocal minority will always be around on the boards screaming and yelling about features and bugs. It happens every year for every game. I am a tech mod on the developer board for a popular medieval strategy game and we have the same things happen with every release and expansion ("what's wrong with the programmers?? The new game sucks! It's buggy!!").

A lot of us like the game and most people don't even post on forums...

Regards.
Uh, Medieval 2: Total War (and Kingdoms)? If that is what you are talking about those games are awesome. OMG I have put mega hours into that game and expansion. If not, please disregard LOL. I can't wait for Empire: Total War!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »