Home

EA how do you explain this in your games?

This is a discussion on EA how do you explain this in your games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #57
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA how do you explain this in your games?

I just have to return all kicks, punts and INTs between the hashmarks. Works pretty well for me.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Problem is the pursuit angles were never this bad before - when the game's montra is 'Wide Open Gameplay' and you then see defenders running away from the ball carrier, well I guess you start to think that this 'dumbing down the defense' is no a glitch, a bug or any othe rcode issue. It was intentional. The questions here is, why?

As for the well played video mentioned earlier, where it's stated that 'we didn't dumb down the defense' - if you watch the videos playing in that clip, it appears as if they didn't. I don't think he was lying at the time. I'm thinking something was changed at the end of the developement cycle to open up the offense even more and this was accomplished by neutering the defense, especially the DL and the pursuit angles. I actually PMed Adam my theory/question, which wasn't responded to.
They weren't as bad before, but the reason they are bad is the SPEED DIFFERENCE. Its not like they changed the AI, they just changed the speed. The AI players react like they have more speed than they actually show on field.

Thats my opinion about whats causing it anyway.

BTW the patch has made returns so so so so much better.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
In my online dynasty we don't use turbo on kickoffs and I fair-catch every punt.

Yeah, it's that pathetic.
Not anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »