Home

So The Kickoff Coverage Hasen't Been Fixed

This is a discussion on So The Kickoff Coverage Hasen't Been Fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: So The Kickoff Coverage Hasen't Been Fixed

I just took my sliders and moved them over to CPU. (Field Goal Length is still crazy high for FGs)

Robo QB still seems to be there too
Old 08-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #18
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I just finished a game with 9 picks. ROBO QB was there but just a little more stupid and threw into coverage and WOULD NOT take a sack. The CPU went 22 of 34 passing with 9 picks, 2 deflections and 1 drop. Sad.

This was UGA (Me) vs Tennessee in my dynasty.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
If you want to discuss if the patch fixed this or that, or it could have been tweaked a little more...thats fine. But cut the OMT, I need an answer now crap now. If they can answer they will, but I am tired of seeing threads like this where people feel like they are entitled to answers.

You are entitled to play the game you spent $60 on thats it. When you spend $10 on a movie, do you get call the director and ask them why they went a certain direction.

It's time to grow up people, are just get off the boards and don't come back. If this bother's you, then it was entended for you...so it should bother you.
Relax bro, maybe you're the one that needs to get off the boards 'cause last I checked this is a discussion forum where people....wait for it....DISCUSS!! If I'd like to get an answer from the person that apparently represents EA on these boards on why they said they were gonna fix something and IMO haven't fixed it. What's the problem with that? If you wanna have the wool pulled over your eyes by some "fake" patch....be my guest. And if I'd like some explenation on why they did this, that's my perogative. I'm not DEMANDING anything, I'd just like to see what they have to say.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #20
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I just took my sliders and moved them over to CPU. (Field Goal Length is still crazy high for FGs)

Robo QB still seems to be there too
What level are you playing on marktg?? I ask because I just played one qtr and these were my stats.

Boston College (cpu) at Notre Dame (me)

1st qtr stats

Passing

Clausen (nd) 4-6 69 yards 0 td's 0 picks

Crane (bc) 2-5 16 yards 1 td, 1 int, 1 fumble

Rushing

Aldridge(nd) 4-12 yrds 3.0 avg
Schwapp(nd) 2-5 yrds 2.5 avg

Haden(bc) 8-31 yrds 3.8 yrds avg
Mulrooney(bc)2-25 yrds 12.5

These were on straight AA, as I delted all my sliders and I am using DKrause's rosters

Kickoff returns

Gunnell (bc) 4-89 22.2 avg
Walls(nd) 1-28

Once again, this is default All American, I don't ever remember giving up 56 yrds rushing in the first qtr, with any slider set I used.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
How is kick coverage fixed when I still get past the 40 just pressing the speed button with my eyes closed....literally!
Because the gunners don't run PASS the returner anymore.
That was the main problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
2nd Patch is out, and they DID fix the kickoff coverage.

The outside gunners no longer run straight and past the returner.
If my EASPORTSWORLD highlight thingy was working I'd post a video.
So the gunners don't run straight past the returner anymore, but the end result is the exact same. How is that FIXING the kickoff coverage?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
Because the gunners don't run PASS the returner anymore.
That was the main problem.
No the main problem was me getting past the 40 on every return with my eyes closed. And guess what? I still get past the 40 with my eyes closed so it's still the MAIN problem!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #24
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
Relax bro, maybe you're the one that needs to get off the boards 'cause last I checked this is a discussion forum where people....wait for it....DISCUSS!! If I'd like to get an answer from the person that apparently represents EA on these boards on why they said they were gonna fix something and IMO haven't fixed it. What's the problem with that? If you wanna have the wool pulled over your eyes by some "fake" patch....be my guest. And if I'd like some explenation on why they did this, that's my perogative. I'm not DEMANDING anything, I'd just like to see what they have to say.
You know, I don't have a problem with people requesting a response from the dev's, but then you have to get your little digs in, which is so incredibly typical these days. This response here is exactly what I try to stop, and this thread will eventually lead there, like all the others. If these boards are not fun, and you do not like the way they are run....seriously, don't come back.

I would love to see a response like, "while appreciate the effort, I am still seeing th same stuff" Seriously, who takes offense to that, that leads to good general discussion. I guess I am in the minority of realizing, it's just a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »