Home

Question on how to keep players leaving

This is a discussion on Question on how to keep players leaving within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Question on how to keep players leaving

A league im in just advanced yesterday and i talked 3 players into staying but when i kept going they disappeared. So it's still not fixed. Hope that helps someone.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #74
Rookie

Well, i just got a call from our OD commish saying he doesnt want to continue our OD... And honestly, i dont blame him.

We didnt like it but decided to continue to season 3 with the rule being our 6 owners were not able to talk anyone into staying. We are all losing some decent JR's but figured we would try atleast one more season since we have some developing players.

Well, we are crap teams from the big 12. Our Commish is baylor. He got one 4 star recruit TE last year. He promised him no redshirt and solid playing time.

This frosh TE leads his team in recps, TDs, Receiving yards and is his #1 te on his depth chart...

SO, this TE now wants to transfer to A&M (another human team) and he will be 3rd on A&M's depth chart.

Knowing he isnt allowed to ask him to stay he saved the online dynasty as offline and tried to see if he would stay. In 30 minutes of talking he decided to stay...

So now this guys has no will to play anymore. SOmething very similar has happened to our Iowa State owner and he has one foot out the door aswell.

I cant blame these guys at all.... What is the point? Whats the point of trying to play a DYNASTY?? it isnt a one year game it is supposed to be about finding and developing talent and improving your team...

It would be one thing if he broke a promise to the kid but apparently the solid playing time promise isnt working either... My guess is... it is based on minutes which arnt scaled. so our 5 min quarters probably makes solid playing time promises a transfer request just waiting to happen...

This sucks

Last edited by hoots711; 09-01-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #75
Rookie

ASU_Alumni's Arena

OVR: 1

This afternoon, we simulated two dynasties all the way up to the offseason activities. We all logged in simultaneously, convinced our players to stay, and advanced to the next activity all at the same time. The commissioner was the only person that kept his player. Nobody else was able to keep the players that they convinced to stay.

We're stickin' with the rule: nobody is allowed to convince their players to stay.

As someone suggested earlier, since we all have major schools this is less problematic as our bench strength is much greater than the smaller schools. Make no mistake...this is a major disappointment, but it is not a deal breaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #76
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

So no one tried auto pilot too see if that works? Or atleast helps a bit.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
there are posts about it on page 7 of this thread.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #78
Rookie

ASU_Alumni's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Instead of asking if anyone else has tested these theories, why don't you try simming a league and testing it out for yourself (and posting the results)? That's what I did. Answered my question and was able to contribute as well.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #79
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

any update on the auto-pilot theory??

PLease???
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #80
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

How in the world did this get overlooked?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »