Home

Official NCAA Bugs/Glitches thread (PS3/Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Bugs/Glitches thread (PS3/Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #41
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Bugs/Glitches Thread (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
Not sure if anyone has tried this yet, but i keep trying to start up a 3 team dynasty, and after i set my depth chart, schedule, etc.. it freezes EVERY time i try to advance.. it will NOT let me start a dynasty with multiple teams.. i have tried with no names on my roster, i've used pastapadres roster, i have even tried to save it to both the hard drive AND the memory, and still get nothing.. i went as far as to delete my profile, create a new one, and it STILL freezes..i even tried it on another xbox 360.......... anyone else have this problem??
I just tried this and it didnt freeze, so im not sure how common it is

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #42
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I copied Auburn Alumni's post to share a few bugs (hope he doesnt mind)

Ok...My initial thoughts after playing for about 4 hours on Heisman, at varying slider levels.

1. Stadium Sounds are AWESOME. Simply awesome. CD quality music sounds GREAT in game.

2. The run game on Heisman is...in my opinion..a thing of beauty. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

3. Wide Open offense seems to mean DUMB defense and superhuman QBs. John Parker Wilson went 27-31 with 4 TDs and 2 INTs against me. That means he threw a TOTAL of TWO...that's T-W-O....incomplete passes on Heisman...against a 94 rated defense on 8 minute quarters (and one of those was dropped.)

The pass defense AI is..in a word..."Sketchy". Zone, Man..it doesn't matter. There are times in the game where your DB will have great position and literally move out of position to allow a CPU WR to make the catch.

Some examples of what I'm talking about....

Exhibit A.

A simple pass into the flats. But notice Tray Blackmon, who is closing quickly to make the hit...literally turns around and runs away..for a split second. This allows the RB to easily make the catch and possibly gain some yardage. And no...at no point was I in control of Blackmon.

Exhibit B. Alabama..on their own 1 yard line, runs an end around with Julio Jones. Mike McNeil, the AU Free Safety, is strafing across the field as Julio crosses for the sideline. But does McNeil sprint for the corner...or attack Julio and try and make the tackle? Nope. He stops....yes...stops....and literally stands upright in the middle of the field, not once..but TWICE. This allows the other Bama WR to come over, block him, and the rest is history.

This is a major issue EA. Combining instances like this, with super accurate QBs and an admittedly (by their own guys) "neutered" pass rush can add up to some ridiculously offensive ballgames. This needs to be addressed IMO.

4. Punt coverage is "fair" but Kickoff coverage is absoluely, positively atrocious . Seriously...it's the worst I've ever seen in a video game. If you can't get back to the 40 yard line at least on every kickoff then, quite frankly, you suck. I took a KR back, on Heisman....in my very first game and no one was within 15 yards of me.

5. Jump the snap is alive and well. The worst feature ever to grace a football game (NO ONE DOES THIS IN REAL LIFE EA) happened...and yes I kept a sheet of paper and marked each time I saw "Jump the Snap" in the corner of the screen when the CPU did it... 27 times in an 8 minute game with Heisman settings at 65 awareness. 27 times.

I've played a total of 5 hours, I do enjoy the game, but I have some very serious concerns. The Defense is almost non existent at times and quite frankly, disturbing plays like the ones I posted above have happened in every game I've played so far on Heisman.

This was also with both CPU and HUM Defensive awareness at 65 .

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Adam-OMT--major problem with Texas A&M jersey color

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
This is Maroon—the color the Aggies jerseys should be. We are VERY sensitive to the shade of maroon and proud…

This is RED---This jersey color makes me ill. It makes Texas A&M look like Oklahoma. Aggies are going to be VERY upset. These jerseys and pants look nothing like the real thing. Sorry, but im pretty disappointed.

LOL are you serious, or was that a joke?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #44
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

PS3 OVERTIME GLITCH?
I was playing a friend and we had our first OT game. The game froze though. No OT. Just frozen tied at 14. Hopefully its a one time anomaly. If not, then dear god.
-If anyone experiences this on PS3 voice it, I don't feel like running a bunch of OT tests. I have never had the game early before, I wanna play!

Last edited by razcan; 07-12-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #45
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

Man and I was hoping to start a michigan offline dynasty with the roster but oh well hopefully they'll patch it. It sucks that they have so many bugs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 26

This sounds like they really screwed the pooch! WTF EA!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #47
MVP

USC_QB's Arena

so whats the deal with rosters? can you not edit them at all?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #48
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_QB
so whats the deal with rosters? can you not edit them at all?
from what i read you can edit but then it freezes on you , but according to dt linder on earosters.com , he hasnt came across this at all , and fairdale and cdj have
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »