Home

Interception Sliders.....still

This is a discussion on Interception Sliders.....still within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Interception Sliders.....still

I restarted my dynasty last night and played 2 games post patch. I play on heisman with hum/CPU int at 0 and knockdown at 50 for both. I also have hum/CPU pass block at 0 and hum break block at 100 and CPU at 80. My first 2 games as UGA(me) and FCS something and C.Mich. I have 5 ins vs. 3 by me. 2 were due to not knowing the 360 controller like I know the ps3 and the other was me forcing the ball when I knew it would be a bad pass. The CPU was throwing picks due to 2 thing. 1) I had pressure on the qb's forcing them to move around. 2)I play a lot of zone and with the new patch my guys were always in the correct position. With that said C. Mich did throw for 400+ yds and the game ended with UGA 47 to C. Mich 33. I don't know who people control on D but I only play as down linemen usually an end that is uncovered, but when I do blitz ( 1 per 4 downs and mostly on 2nd downs) I will use a LB but I never play as a safety or corner.
*On offense I have hum sliders at this:
QB acc-55, pass block-0, wr catch- 50, rb ability-55, run block-55.
CPU sliders: QB acc-55, pass block-0, wr catch-25, rb ability-55, run block 55
D is the same for both hum & CPU but break block: Awr-50, knockdown-0, int-0, break block: hum-100 & CPU-80, tackle-50
8 min.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

May i ask how you are playing Defense....I can't convince the CPU on Heisman to throw 3 picks....much less 6 a game
Old 08-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

I'd like to know what in hell is with these developers and their outright obsessions with INT's.

And if anything all this does is really show that their "sliders" are horrific and serve little to zero purpose. If I set INT to 0 for both human and CPU, there should be MAYBE 1 or 2 INT's in a game. And those should only happen if one of the best DB's/Safeties on the field gets his hands on a ball that's thrown right to him, and basically all he has to do is put his hands up to catch it. And even then they should usually be dropped. 0, if I'm not mistaken, means 0.

I just don't understand how a billion dollar company can be so *** backwards lazy when it comes to the development of one of their biggest franchises. And the sad thing is we have people who run to this board and try to defend them, or tell us to keep our mouths shut when we're voicing FACT. Awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Post patch, I havent got more than 2 picks in a game. I play 7 min qtrs on AA
Old 08-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not sure how the OP is able to get that many picks. I played Heisman pre-patch and I've played 1 season on AA post-patch (although I may have to go back to Heisman). I never user pick and have INT = 0 and KDs cranked up. I play with 8 minute halves.

Looking at my user stats, in 70 games (mostly pre-patch on Heisman) I have thrown 1.5 INTs per game and the CPU has thrown 1.4 INTs per game. Comparing this to NCAA '08, I think that the CPU thrown INTs has improved by freakin' leaps and bounds and, for me, they're at a good number now.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

hows this for INTS.I have 16 in my last season since the patch.With a OLB who plays MLB lol.on heisman with ints at 0 and knockdown at 100
Old 08-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtClaybon
May i ask how you are playing Defense....I can't convince the CPU on Heisman to throw 3 picks....much less 6 a game

i AGREE, it basically depends on how you play the game an what plays you call....I can sit in zone all day and get ints, but then the computer will adjust and run the ball..I play on heisman with a very difficult slider set, but its not hard, because it is a computer, and we all can outthink a computer rightttttt, some can and some cant, oh well enjoy the product
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

The problem really lies in the fact the CPU QB will throw the ball into coverage almost everytime when under pressure instead of taking the sack, throwing the ball away or scrambling. I had 5 ints in both games post patch and all the of them were the CPU throwing into double or triple coverage when I got pressure. Also sometimes the CPU QB will literally just throw the ball a second after the snap when I bring a blitz into coverage resulting in picks. The CPU QB ai needs to be completely overhauled for next year. Make it so they take the sack, scramble or throw it away when under pressure sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »