Home

Why did they make Cal so terrible?

This is a discussion on Why did they make Cal so terrible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Why did they make Cal so terrible?

I have had around 5 dynasties...And Cal is consistantly going 2-10 or 1-11 or if they are lucky 3-9. Cals team rating is not bad...They have a impact player at QB. Is this some sort of glitch? I just find it weird that the second best team in the pac-10 end up worse than Stanford for 5 straight years each time I start a dynasty. Anyone notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Why did they make Cal so terrible?

No, but its called recruiting.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thats weird. In my dynasty it seems like Cal is always doing well. I've always noticed them being in the top 25.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I noticed this. I played as Cal once, losing badly at Boise State. I played as Stanford, too, and destroyed Syracuse, which is lousy, but it leads me to believe the developers are Stanford fans who stuck it to Cal. If I'm not mistaken, they also took the Cal mascot out this year in 360 version.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
I have had around 5 dynasties...And Cal is consistantly going 2-10 or 1-11 or if they are lucky 3-9. Cals team rating is not bad...They have a impact player at QB. Is this some sort of glitch? I just find it weird that the second best team in the pac-10 end up worse than Stanford for 5 straight years each time I start a dynasty. Anyone notice this?
i know what you mean, i did an offline dynasty with USC for 2 years and CAL both times played me very hard and i almost lost to them twice. and like you said they had horrible records.. they also have a real fast running back named jahvid best but i think the default rosters have him at 2nd on the depth chart. IDK??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

They just went 11-2 in my 3rd year, even beating USC
I think they had a 8-9 win season the year before.

Oregon State is just horrible, as is UW and WSU and Stanford....I am starting to think there is NO hope for those schools either. After a strong 1.5 years, UCLA is really falling off too.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

^^I wouldn't say Washington has no hope, Jake Locker has the potential to be a great qb.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
Rookie

khaos c's Arena

OVR: 2

I can understand if you are having a hard time with Cal at first but if you are a good recruiter after that second year you should have winning seasons....stop going after those five stars and focus on the guys who fit well in the offense you are trying to run even if they are two or three stars you will be suprised at what they can do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »