Home

Online Disconnects...league unplayable

This is a discussion on Online Disconnects...league unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Online Disconnects...league unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
i can only tell you that it was most definitely the cause for me. as soon as i put my songs on there, i got the "the connection to your opponent has been lost" error message right before the coin toss.

what i did was, i took all of the sounds off of the game & deleted all of them off of my hard drive. then i re-ripped them to the hard drive and set them back up, but i only did 32 sounds. it works perfectly now.

i have tried to add more sounds, but every time i do, i get the error message again.

hope that helps.
Thanks for your input. I will have to play around with it.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Well, well, well....I tried three games in a row with a buddy last night...all disconnected. Then, just to try it, I deleted my 20 custom sounds (the teams we were using did not have any, BTW) and POOF...game fired right up.

I think EA should respond to this.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Well, well, well....I tried three games in a row with a buddy last night...all disconnected. Then, just to try it, I deleted my 20 custom sounds (the teams we were using did not have any, BTW) and POOF...game fired right up.

I think EA should respond to this.

glad to see it worked for you. now that you know you can get it back to working, i'd try and add a few sounds back in and see if it works....keep adding until you figure out how many you can have and still play.

and you're right, EA should respond (hell, they should have ****ing fixed it in the patch - "great new feature" my arse). but i doubt they will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
glad to see it worked for you. now that you know you can get it back to working, i'd try and add a few sounds back in and see if it works....keep adding until you figure out how many you can have and still play.

and you're right, EA should respond (hell, they should have ****ing fixed it in the patch - "great new feature" my arse). but i doubt they will.
Well, I didn't check to see if it deleted all the sounds for my offline games as I deleted them from the Online Dyanasty menues...but, if they could just give us an option to disable all sounds without actually deleting all the scenarios, that would be fine with me...that way I just switch them to "off" for online play, whatever.

I heard 32 sounds were the sweet spot...kind of wierd that I only had 20 and it didn't work.

We verified NAT and other router settings ahead of time to make sure it wasn't a connectivity issue, either. The only variable change was eliminating the sounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »