Home

Various School Information

This is a discussion on Various School Information within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Various School Information

I think I'm confusing some members on the board. I am specifically looking for teams that have mascots and team celebrations. Does PITT and Boston College have team celebrations (i.e., the "U" sign or Gator chomp) to go along with mascot celebrations? I can think of several schools that have mascots (...Kansas State, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Alabama, among others), but I don't know if they have a team specific celebration.

Updated list:

Florida (mascot, Gator chomp)
Miami (mascot, "U" sign)
Oklahoma State (mascot, Pistol sign)
Texas (mascot, "Hook 'em" sign)
UCF (mascot, "UCF" sign)
Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5

If you mean a player solo celebration, like a player doing the Gator chomp with his hands, or a player doing a pistol gesture like Texas Tech, WITHOUT the involvement of a mascot, then no, BC does not do that.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

Yes. That's exactly "part" information I'm looking for. Boston College has a mascot, but lacks a team specific celebration (i.e., the celebration that occurs by pressing "Y" after a scoring a touchdown). Since they don't have both methods to celebrate with, they can't make the list. Thanks for the reply!

Updated list:

Miami (mascot, "U" sign)
UCF (mascot, "UCF" sign)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I know that when scoring a touchdown as Tenn and run up to the mascot, the player walks the mascot as if it is on a leash. Pretty funny I think.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #13
Rookie

I wonder if it would be worth it if someone would want to compile an Excel/OpenOffice Calc file (or a simple HTML table) with all the teams showing whether their mascot is present in the game and if the team has an individual, team-specific celebration (and what it is).

Maybe EA/Tiburon already has such a file and would be willing to share it. If Adam (who is currently on vacation), Craig, or Ian would pop in to read this thread, we could find out.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #14
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

Two that have come to mind are:

USC- flash up their area code I think with fingers
Tenn- make the U and T with arms
Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #15
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

Great idea kestrel, but let's also add the team's prestige rating and conference affiliation. I think a number of members would think it is useful when selecting a dynasty team. If I'm looking for a 3* school to start a dynasty with and see they have mascot and a team specific celebration, I could then use all of the features that are included in this years version.

I'm curious why some mascots have been left out of the game. It's very obvious that certain teams have mascots when a game is loading up and they are displaying team information or school facts before kickoff, they show pictures of that school's mascots as well as cheerleaders, players, etc. Once the game starts, they are no where to be found. I know there is only so much programmers can do in a one year development cycle.

Updated list:

Miami (mascot, "U" sign)
UCF (mascot, "UCF" sign)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #16
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

Thanks for the reply dawgs18. I'm pretty sure USC doesn't have a mascot that is included in this years version, so they can't make the list. However, Tennessee fits perfectly because they have a mascot and a team specific celebration. I wish I had the time myself to play random games to determine this information, but if we keep everyone chiming in, maybe we can figure this out for ourselves - or until Adam or someone pops in.

Updated list:

Miami (mascot, "U" sign)
Tennessee (mascot, "UT" sign)
UCF (mascot, "UCF" sign)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »