Home

Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system).

This is a discussion on Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system). within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If you want to ensure a title birth you should use the custom schedule to your advantage. Schedule all of your ooc games to be Top 10 teams and knock them all off helping you gain prestige and get rid of your competition. What was your ooc schedule this year?
Dude did you not read my first post. I had an a- Schedule Strength, I always schedule the preseason top 10 in all non conference games (obviously not all 10).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #26
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If you want to ensure a title birth you should use the custom schedule to your advantage. Schedule all of your ooc games to be Top 10 teams and knock them all off helping you gain prestige and get rid of your competition. What was your ooc schedule this year?
Yeah that works but its very unrealistic.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone
Dude did you not read my first post. I had an a- Schedule Strength, I always schedule the preseason top 10 in all non conference games (obviously not all 10).
I did read your first post and don't see how your schedule could only be an A- schedule if you did that. I had an A+ schedule strength with Colorado in my first year in the Big 12. I had WVU and FSU on the schedule with only CSU and Iowa as the other two ooc games along with my Big 12 schedule that missed Oklahoma. An A- schedule isn't that tough imo.

P.S. Your original post said A-B strength of schedule. That could mean a lot of things.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-26-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #28
Rookie

WVUWx's Arena

OVR: 1

WVU has won the National Championship in the last 7 years of my Dynasty. The first couple years I had some hard lessons learned. I went undefeated but so did like 4-5 other schools. I could never break the Top 5 in BCS rankings.

The 2nd year, I stuck with the default schedule and again, got left out at #3 with USC and Florida going to the NC game.

The 3rd thru 10th years I changed my schedule and eliminated all the lower quality schools, (ECU, Marshall, FCS East, Etc.,) and replaced them with powerhouse teams that I thought may have a chance at winning thier conferences. I tried to match all my Out of Conference games with the team that I thought would have the best chance at winning thiers that year... SEC, Big12, PAC10, Big10 and ACC.

So I had a schedule that included all the Big East teams but also out of conference games, (AT HOME ALWAYS) against, Ohio State, USC, Georgia, Oklahoma and Virginia Tech. Going 12-0 with those calibur games always had me in the BCS National Championship.... mainly because I was dishing out losses to the other teams that would have been ranked ahead of me ahha.

The key to those schedules is also making sure they are HOME GAMES, because you get the chance to have big time recruits visit and show them a good game. That can be the difference between an B+ and an A+ with commitment the next week score on recruiting.

I landed Mr. February starting my 5th season and got it every year till the 9th when I just simmed most recruiting. I landed around 15 or so 5 star and the rest were always 4 star recruits. I recruited SPEED SPEED SPEED. I always redshirted the recruits on thier first year, so they got even better with that extra year of level up points awarded during off season.

It takes a couple years for WVU to bloom but you can stay in the Big East, and start winning NC games by season 3, if you change the OOC games in season 1-2 you may be able to do it sooner. The recruiting process improves greatly after that 3rd season, with a 39-0 winning streak and a National Title the Elite status levels of your school jump greatly.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #29
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
If you are a BCS team, then yes, this is yet another feature EA has managed to screw up. It should be quite simple. I simmed this past season just to get to recruiting and BYU was the Nat'l champ. I know they're good, but c'mon.
I've seen worse. Ball St. beat BYU to win the Nat'l Champ my first season I played.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #30
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

WVUWx, I understand why you did most of what you posted about, but that just seems like cheesing. You only schedule your OoC games at home against top opponents? Where is the fun in that? I understand you want your recruits to come to a good game, but that is what a rivalry game is all about. It just seems like you take advantage of a system to kill any randomness the game tries to offer. I respect the way you play your game, but I couldn't do it that way, it just seems cheap

I agree with the OP saying the rankings system is bad, but it's not totally busted. I was Notre Dame in their second year and I scheduled #2 Oklahoma at Norman in Week 2. I lost pretty big to them, something like 56-24, it was my only loss all year....which including beating #4 USC at home in my final game.

I started the year ranked #19 after winning the Gator Bowl from the year before, after the loss to Oklahoma I was ranked #24. After beating #14 Pittsburgh and #4 USC I was ranked #11 with two loss BYU at #9 and two loss WVU at #8. Both lost two conference games each against sub-par opponents. I should have been in front of them...little upset by that!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #31
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i like the sim results compared to old gen. remember how bad they were. North Texas anyone? Utah was the same. i always made sure that the good non bcs teams lost to bcs teams by simming over and over till they get a loss. keeps the rankings balanced and teams like byu from a nc game. i know alot of us used to do this back in the day. give a team like bowling green a few losses intstead of undefeated and you will never see them again. i know some of you might be purist to the ea sim engine and feel this is cheating but it does make those polls look realistic at the end of season. this hasnt been a problem at all in my online dynastys but when i was simming to practice recruiting i did see alot of byu in the top 10 at end of season one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #32
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I never noticed the strength of schedule grade. Where do I see that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »