Home

**Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #73
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

1. Put fatigue back in the game (it was in 08). By this I mean, make guys get tired instead of being able to run 105 yards on one play in all directions without slowing down.

2. Put illegal touching back in the game (it was in 08). I don't know why this was taken out, but now, Receivers and backs and go way out of bounds, come back in, and catch a pass with no flag thrown.

3. More intricate sliders (QB Arm Strength, LB Pass Coverage, DB Play Recognition, etc.)

**4. A completely overhauled OL/DL interaction system. Get rid of the suction blocking and unrealistic line play that has plagued this series since..well..forever.**

**5. A completely overhauled CPU AI. Have the CPU play smarter. Have the CPU adapt to my playcalling (This doesn't mean have the CPU cheat by knowing what I'm calling). But if I keep going deep on the CPU, have them adapt. If I'm running them over for 5 yards a carry..have them adapt. Don't have the CPU go for it on 4th and 8 on their own 40. Don't have the CPU run a QB choice play with a 64 speed QB on 3rd and 7. Don't have the CPU run 3 screen passes in a row. And don't have the CPU QB "freak out" and not know what to do if a screen is covered by the defense.**
Old 08-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would like to see the weather and field type make a diffecence in the game.
If it is snowing then the players should not be able to make cuts as good if it was not.
Also if it is snowing on turf the players should slide around more then if it was on grass.
Overall turf should play faster then grass.
Also it would be nice to see some field deterioration.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

wish we had this facemask style
  • - I wish the teams would warm up before the game. ( Even if it is animated ) or you could do warm up drills, and depending on how good you do it determines how hot or cold you are to start off the game. And at the end of the game have celebrations. ( I think 07 had it )
  • -More commentary. I think they pretty much used last years commentary this year. Im tired off " AARP says, pick this play " I know it would be probaly hard but i dont like how they say the score ( Ohio state............38 Michigan..............14 ) Also what would be nice is when a player gets hurt, a couple of plays later have some later talk about the injury and when he will be back.
  • - Also, during recruiting, if you recruit a 3 star recruit and he ends up being a 85 OVR. Kind of a ' needle in a haystack' or a draft steal if u get what i mean.
  • - Weather that effects the game play. Slipping in the snow and rain.
  • - I liked the ' little fights' they had in this game. Maybe if two huge school rivals played and through out the game they had little battles ( Like between the CB and the WR or DL VS OL ) I dont think the universities would like that though lol
  • -Also what i just thought of would be when a player receiving a huge hit, his helmet would fly off. and they should also make mouthguards that the players could take out and put back back in.
  • - And if your team is kind of sucking, instead of the stadium filled up, only half of the fans show up.
  • - Better sideline players
  • -Chain gang
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Something that is more irritating than gamebreaking for me that I hope is included in NCAA 2010 is the option to skip the review process.

In '08, I could skip the whole review replays, get to what the officials decided, and then to the next play. I get sick of knowing a play is going to be overturned and then having to watch it three times in slow motion while the commentators say crap that makes no sense regarding the play that is being reviewed.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #77
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I wish that you do not:
  • Waste time on adding commentary, extra post-play animations, chain gangs, pride-stickers, sideline players.
Instead, I wish that you:
  • Concentrate on upgrading CPU AI. It's been touched on so nothing else is needed other than it is garbage.
  • Add new ratings for positions such as QBs so I can stop seeing the CPU do a jump throw off their back foot.
  • Improve the OL/DL Interaction.
  • Formation Subs- I think I've asked for this since it was mysteriously taken out.
  • Defensive playbook overhaul- It's been the same for years.
  • Offensive/Defensive Team adjustable sliders- We should be able to customize how aggressive we want the CPU to be. The pass/run ratio that is in place now is meaningless when teams have the QB choice in it. A higher % just leads to more of these plays being called.
  • Being able to tell what year your JUCO recruit is.
I'm sure there will be more to come.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

What’s up,
Have a few things that I would love to see changed in next years game. I have them broken down into 5 categories:
1. User Control & Creation
2. Play Mechanics
3. Recruiting
4. Presentation
5. AI
fficeffice" />>>
1. User Control & Creation>>
a. Offseason training drills- something similar to Madden’s offseason workout drills that improve player ratings. Would rather this than the mini games.>>
>>
b. Custom playbooks, we should have the option to at least select certain formations to be included in our own playbooks. Not necessarily create our own plays, but that would be nice.>>
c. Create a team option again but with better/newer uniform and logo opportunities. Also, have name recognition similar to how the commentators pronounce created players names. EA could have a an email address that we could send the names of our teams mascots that we wished to create. By the deadline, compile all the names and have Corso or whoever read them.>>
d. Formation Specific Substitute options. They put them back in madden this year, used to have them in NCAA.>>
e. Front 7 Defensive Assignments- allow our D linemen or LB’s to attack a particular gap or man. There are enough buttons on the controller to have each one designated as a particular gap. Or have them attack a particular OL , FB, TE. Some defenses are designed for the DL’s to keep certain OL’s off of the LB’s. A bit advanced perhaps but I bet folks would love the customized blitz packages that could be made with this option.>>
f. User Pass Control should be more sensitive: Example: if I’m on the 10 yard line and throw a fade route while holding up and to the corner all the way, then my QB should at least try to put the ball near the back pylon based on stick control!>>
g. Roster Options: Allow and player to be placed at any position. If I want my DT at goaline TE, let me do it.>>
h. Allow us to Comply with the NCAA Travel Roster Limitations- College teams can only dress 56 players for away games. Let us set up the list at a season’s start and have the option to easily change players week to week. This would add more control and possibly diversity if some players are injured on the road.>>
i. Allow us to actually squib kick.>>
>>
>>
2. Play Mechanics>>
a. Redone spread offense/spread option mechanics. These offenses are becoming more and more popular, even EA advertised the gameplay as “wide open” well then pay attention to the nuts & bolts of spread attacks. >>
For example, in NCAA ’09 when I run a shotgun triple option, or QB Choice, the DE is able to tackle both the QB and RB. Make him or the edge defender commit to either one, so we can read off his assignment. Also, make a line shift option available to cut on the backside of a run play. Very effective in shotgun zone runs!
b. Re-work O line blocking and DL rushing- it’s not very good this year, everyone is aware. The players have ratings, integrate them into this facet of the game. DT’s push up the middle should be dependent on their particular ratings STR and PMV for example. This years OL & DL play is sad.>>
>>
c. Fake pitch at least freezes the defender- for a split second or changes his direction slightly if he has low awareness or is not locked on to the QB. >>
d. Split Texas Tech’s OLine out wide- If you ever watch them play, their splits are 2-3 yards apart; especially the Tackles. More spread teams are throwing wider splits into their blocking scheme.>>
e. Improve Punt Blocking Schemes & occurrence ratio: could go hand in hand with the gap designated hot routes I suggested earlier.>>
f. Weather affects player Running and Movement- Currently it does not. I do see more dropped balls in the snow. Have the players impacted by the elements. It would be much more realistic.>>
g. Create a few Different Running Styles- Every player runs the same and looks similar. Just create 2 or 3 different styles ( upright, shoulders forward). Pay attention to the household names for in game players and have the CPU randomly select styles for newly generated recruits.>>
h. Allow Receivers to find windows in Zone Coverage- Example, on a crossing pattern, allow a WR to sit down between two LB’s. Or at least allow our user controlled passing to better adjust to the ball. Real receivers find holes in zone coverage and work back to the QB. On to my next request.>>
i. WR’s release Outside- Unless a WR is running an inside route (slant, cross) they generally release to their routes toward their sideline ( between the defender covering them and the nearest sideline) This does two things, 1) Turns the defenders eyes away from the QB and a possible route in the Flats allowing more room for the flat receiver to catch and run. 2) allows the QB to put more air on the ball and use the cushion between the WR and the sideline. >>
j. >>
>>
>>
>>
3. Recruiting>>
a. Ability to make promises during in-season recruiting- also have some new and more interactive promise options. Example: promise a kid a particular jersey # or minimal # of snaps.>>
b. Have a NIKE or other sponsor, TOP PLAYER CAMP before season- have drills or a ARMY all American game. Something that lets you experiment with the top 6-10 players (5 & 4 star) at each position for big schools. Lower schools can have one with one to three star players. Or create an option where we can select the players to invite to our own camp. A camp invite could garner early interest from the players.>>
c. Recruits That Under/Over Achieve- 5 stars that end up busts and 3 stars that end up excelling would spice dynasty and recruiting up.>>
>>
4. Presentation>>
a. Custom Stadium Sounds- Allow us to create a playlist for a particular event (TD) and allow the system to randomly select a song from our designated playlist. So I could have 3 or 4 songs that randomly play when I score instead of just one.>>
b. NEW Announcer Commentary- This has been the same for three years. Get in there and change things up. Also, after my QB breaks the School TD record, I don’t want to hear about it every time throw a TD for the rest of his career.Once a game is alright, but every time?>>
c. More elaborate Awards- Show some highlights and have Corso & Kurt discuss the stats of the top three finalists. Or just the winner would be a step up. In addition, allow the user to access this. Don’t jump straight into it like the Heisman presentation a few years ago.>>
d. Have the Gameday guys discuss Bowl, and Conference implications- Before the cointoss or even have a radio show during the dynasty menu activity (similar to Madden) talk about the BCS standings, who appears to be playing in the SEC championship game, Heisman favorites latest performance…>>
>>
>>
>>
5. AI>>
a. DB’s sneak up and back- on both man and zone plays, not easily giving away the coverage as it is this year. Mix it up and disguise it a little.>>
b. Better defensive awareness on pass coverage- Example, Flat defenders should sink with the receiver behind them if no other throwing options are moving toward their zone. Not saying turn and run with them but be conscious of where the offensive players are. Don’t just stand there 5 yards off the ball and hugging the sideline. Have this directly related to their awareness and ZCV ratings.>>
c. Please redo the CPU Time Out strategy- it was terrible last year & maybe worse this year. When the CPU is down with under a minute to go, gets tackled in bounds… Don’t make us wait through the play selection screen and them lining up before they decide it’s time to call Timeout. Just let them call it when the play is over like a normal coach would. This way, no time is wasted and we don’t have to go through play selection twice.>>
d. Please improve CPU AI in regards to tendencies and personnel- Example, if I come out in Shotgun Split Back with Duel HB’s in and throw 10 times in a row for two TD’s, can the defense recognize and maybe come out in Nickel or Dime. They continue to man up a LB on my 96 speed RB and get burnt.>>
Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've posted some form of this in two other threads. Some of these things are covered in previous posts in this thread, but not all. As I'm a dynasty guy, my suggestions/wishlist is biased toward dynasty.
  • Ability to schedule games at neutral sites. This means guys like OMT will (eventually) have to add even more new stadiums. Alabama is mentioned in games scheduled left and right at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, let's see it and be able to do it ourselves. It would be nice to do Florida-Miami game/series at Raymond James in Tampa, like a few of their games used to be (at the old Sombrero).
  • Duplicate numbers on roster, and not just "out of the box," but throughout the life of a dynasty. Let my incoming HB wear #20 even though my junior safety already does!
  • As I think 09 will be the last or next-to-last iteration on the 6th generation of consoles, it's time to bring the rest of it's features over to the 7th generation consoles, including hardship redshirts, off-season drills, spring game, and an improved discipline system (the points thing didn't work, as coaches in real life don't have them).
I always think I have bigger list, but when it comes time to type it up, I can never remember anything more.

EDIT: thought of another one:
  • As I sit here playing the National Championship game in Glendale, AZ, I catch myself thinking, "why do we still have the FedEx BCS National Championship logo at center and in the endzones?" Assuming bowl patches and endzone art are going to make it into the game, how about the correct National Championship game logos?

Last edited by kestrel; 08-26-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #80
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
I've posted some form of this in two other threads. Some of these things are covered in previous posts in this thread, but not all. As I'm a dynasty guy, my suggestions/wishlist is biased toward dynasty.
  • Ability to schedule games at neutral sites. This means guys like OMT will (eventually) have to add even more new stadiums. Alabama is mentioned in games scheduled left and right at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, let's see it and be able to do it ourselves. It would be nice to do Florida-Miami game/series at Raymond James in Tampa, like a few of their games used to be (at the old Sombrero).
  • Duplicate numbers on roster, and not just "out of the box," but throughout the life of a dynasty. Let my incoming HB wear #20 even though my junior safety already does!
  • As I think 09 will be the last or next-to-last iteration on the 6th generation of consoles, it's time to bring the rest of it's features over to the 7th generation consoles, including hardship redshirts, off-season drills, spring game, and an improved discipline system (the points thing didn't work, as coaches in real life don't have them).
I always think I have bigger list, but when it comes time to type it up, I can never remember anything more.
I think a bigger font for the wishlist would be a good idea.

Anyway I have a couple.

1. Make texas tech's offense have very plays but with all of them with option routes like in real life.

2. Make hurry up offense teams be able to access the WHOLE playbook from an audible. Make an option in coaching strategies to huddle or hurry up. If it's hurry up after the past play make it so that you hit a butto to specify what to do and if it's hurry up then make a cutscene of the players walking to the line immediatly and then have the playcall screen come up. At the playcall screen then you pick a play and then the screen goes away and your ready to go on the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »