Home

**Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Request List For NCAA 2010

Post your requests for NCAA 2010 here.

This forum should NOT be for bugs or glitches, but fore new features or additions to features that you'd like to see for next year's game. Never too early to start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Pro

servo75's Arena

Re: Request List For NCAA 2010

Here's a few things I've thought of:

1) Sometimes in the Madden series, when choosing a play, you could see which personnel are in the game for you and your opponent. This would be nice to have so you can see who's in the huddle. Also we should be able to see where the opponent is lining up. Right now it's not clear which CB or LB is here or there. Easier to call audibles or hot routes if you know this.

2) For user-vs-user games, maybe the two players can play on 2 different difficulty levels, like if I'm playing someone who's new to the game, maybe they can play on Varsity level and I can play on AA.

3) In-dynasty practices should be usable to add ratings points. Maybe there are drills or even mini-games you can have in mid-season to "train" your players. You can also expand the training part of pre-season where you get to allocate drills to certain groups of players. So if you feel your WRs were dropping too many balls, you can assign 40% of your ball-handling drills to the WR group. If you have mostly senior RBs with 80+ ratings, you don't need to train them as much, you can focus on your young QBs with 75-80. Also it doesn't pay to assign training time to your 60OVR junior LB. Focus your drills elsewhere.

4) Based also on #1, some sort of scouting feature. Right now you can scroll through the depth charts looking at your WR#1 vs. their CB#1, OL vs. DL but not only is this time-consuming, you don't know, for example, if it will be your opponent's LCB or RCB. Some screen where you can see who the lineups are and quickly match up where your best matchups are.

4b) In past last-gen versions there was a feature where if you pressed a certain way on the right stick, you could see the relative ratings of the players on the field and determine the best matchups. Maybe some out-of-game feature where you could compare two teams in detail by position and see where the best matchups are.

5) Bring drills like Pass Skeleton over from last-gen

6) OF COURSE, Create-a-School & FCS schools

7) More camera angles. Particularly annoying now is that I can't see the outside WRs at the snap so it's tough to run quick outs or hitches because I can't tell they're open until they're already covered. Pick-6 ensues.

Last edited by servo75; 07-27-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Pro

servo75's Arena

Something else you should bring over from Madden is "situation mode." Suppose you want to practice fourth-quarter comebacks or overtime situations. It would be playing an actual game but you could specify parameters like: "FOurth quarter, 6 minutes left in 10 minute quarter, home team trailing 20-10, possession to home team, 1st-and-10 own 40 yard line, one time out for home team, 2 times out for visiting team" Then SAVE that situation so you can load it up when you go into game mode.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Create A School

06 had so many nice features for making a school/team, why did this get taken out?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

What most everyone else said but Mostly I want create a playbook and more running plays/formations. I want the old Nebraska playbook. I know that most colleges run a spread option system, but I really want to have that classic smashmouth playbook. I need the Maryland I and more plays from the power I. Also even though they never worked on last gen I need them to bring back the wingback sweeps in the flexbone formations and fix them. The Jet sweeps work well enough so they should be able to fix the wingback sweeps.

Also I need more WR and slot recieveer screen passes.

A few more recruiting options would be good as well as the bugeting system from last gen for training, recruiting, discipline etc.

What would be good is a build a program mode where you can actually take a USF/UCF type of stance and bassically build a team from low level to a powerhouse. Even possibly get your athletic director to build a new stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
Pro

servo75's Arena

The playbook thing gave me another idea. Of course we should have custom playbooks but even if we can't get that, one thing I'd like to see is another category of plays called Favorites. Let's say I work on a play in practice and it works really well and I want to put it in my gameplan. But then in the middle of the game, it might be on page 15/21 in my playbook and I have to scroll through 100 plays to get to it. If there was another "Play Type" called "Favorites" we could save 20-30 plays to that list and just call plays from that during the game.

Of course this would render "Ask Corso" useless, but then again it already is
Old 07-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
Pro

servo75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierrrr
Create A School

06 had so many nice features for making a school/team, why did this get taken out?
Agree but the reasoning for not just porting over from last-gen was to "do it right for next-gen." So I would expect to see lots more options in terms of jersey type, number font, uploadable graphics, more customizable stadiums, etc.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Formation Subs-Spoken on in anoher post. This needs to be back in the game

Custom Playbooks- Let me be able to setup a playbook with the formations I want in it.

Man lock-This was great for hiding the zone defenses

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »