Home

Ok, I just got throttled...

This is a discussion on Ok, I just got throttled... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Red face Ok, I just got throttled...

going into my 9th game with my first year Huskers, i'm 6-2, loses against virginia tech, and texas tech. all games are relatively close, but none the less competitive losses.

in thoes games, always able to move the ball.

went into oklahoma last nite, and absolutely got my arse handed to me. i lost 7-57, with 5 yards rushing on 20something carries..... 6 ints.

now i understand momentum and HFA in this game, but was all that a tribute to the beating i have taken, or is this a slider issue i need to address post patch?

never really been much of a slider guy, but for some reason was forced to buy in this year when the initially didn't work.

i don't have any problem losing games, and with my Huskers D expect losses, but is there a point of rediculus?

suggestions???

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Ok, I just got throttled...

I guess the big question would be what sliders are you currently using? If you play on All American, off the top of my head I would recommend trying AuburnAlumni's OS Legends sliders if you haven't already.

I run with the Huskers as well in the first year of my dynasty, but unlike your successes, I'm not able to move the ball with any consistency, lol. The defense ironically has actually been what keeps me in games.

As good as Lucky is 'supposed' to be, especially as Captain and Impact player, I can't get 3.5-4yds a carry with him to save my life. And on top of that it seems that any pass over 10yds that I throw with Ganz seems to get picked off.

So I've been extremely fortunate that the defense has stepped up for me despite the lack of overall talent.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Ok, I just got throttled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
I guess the big question would be what sliders are you currently using? If you play on All American, off the top of my head I would recommend trying AuburnAlumni's OS Legends sliders if you haven't already.

I run with the Huskers as well in the first year of my dynasty, but unlike your successes, I'm not able to move the ball with any consistency, lol. The defense ironically has actually been what keeps me in games.

As good as Lucky is 'supposed' to be, especially as Captain and Impact player, I can't get 3.5-4yds a carry with him to save my life. And on top of that it seems that any pass over 10yds that I throw with Ganz seems to get picked off.

So I've been extremely fortunate that the defense has stepped up for me despite the lack of overall talent.

im actually using a variation of AA's Legends sliders, and using them on AA, 8 min quarters.

they look like this:

Offense Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 50/50
Pass Block 0/0
WR Catch 0/0
RB Ability 45/60
Run Block 25/90

Defense
Awareness 60/50
Knockdown 100/100
Interception 0/0
Break Block 50/50
Tackle 25/25

they've actually been netting me great results, until last nites debocle. crap, i'm almost afraid to play kansas tonite!

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't think the sliders are relevant. There is always one game a season for me where it's obvious from play 1 that I have no chance to win. I had a game where I turned it over TEN times. I fumbled on my first run. I fumbled on my 2nd run next possession. By then I was down 3 scores I think, so I passed. They had every play perfectly defended. Even when it was an obvious passing down, they'd stuff a run too with the down linemen and drop the other 8 back to defend the pass, and the 4 down linemen would be in my face every play before I even could see the play develop. If you get a 1st down, they call you for holding 4 times when normally they call 1-2 penalties a game or something like that...and it's usually some 3-9 team that does it too.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I don't think the sliders are relevant. There is always one game a season for me where it's obvious from play 1 that I have no chance to win. I had a game where I turned it over TEN times. I fumbled on my first run. I fumbled on my 2nd run next possession. By then I was down 3 scores I think, so I passed. They had every play perfectly defended. Even when it was an obvious passing down, they'd stuff a run too with the down linemen and drop the other 8 back to defend the pass, and the 4 down linemen would be in my face every play before I even could see the play develop. If you get a 1st down, they call you for holding 4 times when normally they call 1-2 penalties a game or something like that...and it's usually some 3-9 team that does it too.
Sounds extremely familiar! Only exception would be that OU was #5 in the nation.

Maybe it's just that one game ordeal, so that's good to hear....

Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

I too had a similar situation. I just started my Temple dynasty and I played Penn St. in week 3. I knew going into the game that I would have no chance and in reality shouldnt have a chance to beat PSU in Happy Valley. The first quarter was turn over after turnover for me. The 2nd quarter I decided to run the ball 1st and 2nd down no matter what and see where that got me. It started to work and then turnover. The 3rd quarter I mixed up the FB in the flats and TE over the middle, still didnt get me enough yardage. Finally in the 4th quarter with 1:09 left I kicked a field goal on 4 & 8. The final score was 20-3, which my defense did a heck of a job containing the PSU offense.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

I think there were a couple of things that were working against you when you played OU BadAssHskr. First, Home Field Advantage can be huge especially if your team continues to struggle and make mistakes. I've dug myself holes that made the Grand Canyon look small when I've played a big-time opponent on the road. Second, once your QB gets cold (his icon will turn blue if you check player performance levels), it can be extremely difficult to complete a 5 yard out, 10 yard curl, or even a quick slant because his accuracy will be affected. You'd be smart to sub in your back up QB for a few series until your starter gets his head straight. Third, I think the A.I. increases for the CPU during rivalry games (which is kind of neat). Lastly, OU is good on both sides of the ball!

When I tackle a big time program on the road, I like to build my QB confidence (warm him up) with simple throws like the ones stated above. Don't start with streaks, posts, or plays longer than 10 yards over the middle. You'll notice Home Field Advantage will disappear (the jumbled up squiggly lines on the play art) and then you can start to test them deeper. However, after a few incompletions or interceptions, Home Field Advantage will come right back.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

You've had great results so far. Don't change a thing based on one game. Virginia beat Miami 48-0 last year. Crap happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »