Home

Something i have hated for years...that should be an easy fix

This is a discussion on Something i have hated for years...that should be an easy fix within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Something i have hated for years...that should be an easy fix

First off... with the endless list of bugs/glitches and poor programming this year this is a VERY VERY SMALL issue in comparison...

but what the heck... Its bothered me for years.

Why do time outs and fourth downs always send my play calling screen either back to the main menu or to corso telling me some horrible play?

When on D against a cpu or human i barely have enough time to select a play when im already in the formation i want. Anytime a 4th come up i cant get to safe punt return (against humans) or can hardly ever get to a play to stop the cpu. Same goes when the cpu calls TO. they call a to and select their play within 1 second. By the time i see what is going on im at the main menu with 6 seconds left to pick a play...

and TO's WHY ON EARTH cant i get some extra time to call a play with a TO? Im not asking for 60 seconds... but it sure would be nice to call a TO and have more than 15-18 seconds to pick a play. If you dont send your troops to the LOS with more than 7 seconds on the play clock you are risking a delay...

If i call a TO how bout making the play clock 45 or 50 seconds? would that really upset the little online kiddies that much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Something i have hated for years...that should be an easy fix

You are dead on. I hate when they stick me in Corso's screen, and he doesn't even have Punt Return Left or Right, and I have to go all the way out and over to Specials right before the clock runs out.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

agreed!

another thing i hate is when you are in no man's land on 4th down, and the cpu always assumes you are going to kick a FG and selects that formation, when in reality i was going to punt, but since the FG formation is already up, i accidently select that, and either have to waste a timeout, or take delay of game to get the punt formation..........

maybe i just suck...

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
agreed!

another thing i hate is when you are in no man's land on 4th down, and the cpu always assumes you are going to kick a FG and selects that formation, when in reality i was going to punt, but since the FG formation is already up, i accidently select that, and either have to waste a timeout, or take delay of game to get the punt formation..........

maybe i just suck...
No, it's not just you. I hate that because sometimes I'm pissed about what happened on 3rd down and hurry and hit the button, and next thing I know I'm staring at an 62 yard field goal.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
No, it's not just you. I hate that because sometimes I'm pissed about what happened on 3rd down and hurry and hit the button, and next thing I know I'm staring at an 62 yard field goal.
yeah, and then when you elect to NOT try the impossibly long FG Corso and Herbie proceed to ridicule your decision for the next minute or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
agreed!

maybe i just suck...
It makes no sense. On 1st through 3rd downs corso leaves me alone... WHY IS HE HERE ON 4th?

It would be such a simple fix..

While we are at it.... can we PLEASE get rid of the right stick for formation subs? it doesnt work as it should. But i guess since we have no time to pick a play changing up a form sub on D is unuseable anyway.

here is a brilliant idea... why not bring special teams up with a button? Like select or something???? then you could get to these very quick if you had to.

Im guessin corso coming in on 4th all had to do with someone trying to kick a fg with the clock ticking and complained that it took to long to get to the FG play..
Old 08-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
yeah, and then when you elect to NOT try the impossibly long FG Corso and Herbie proceed to ridicule your decision for the next minute or so.

lol....I hate those two during that time. Corso there is a reason you are in the booth, you suck at coaching anymore. Herbie there is a reason you are in the booth and not in the NFL because you.....what's the word I'm looking for...oh! SUCK...You suck. Nessler you are safe for now
Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I brought this up before this year's game was released. The fact that on 4th down the stupid Corso pick comes up automatically really ruins any element of a fake punt or fake FG when you're playing another person who is sitting right beside you. I mean it's so obvious because you have to back out of the menu and go to the special teams screen.

And on a related note, when will EA ever allow us to onside kick from a regular kick formation? I see this play occur several times during the real college/NFL season and there is no way to do it in the game.

Oh and one last thing - why is there no option to do passes and run other types of kickoff returns? The music city miracle is impossible to recreate in Madden and that's bunk IMO.

When will EA wake up and realize special teams is 1/3rd of the game and quite often the reason games are won or lost instead of treating is as a tacked on afterthought mode????

/end rant

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »