Home

PS2 vs. PS3 versions of NCAA Football

This is a discussion on PS2 vs. PS3 versions of NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #17
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PS2 vs. PS3 versions of NCAA Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
72-65?

Man, I'm lucky to score that many points total in 2 or 3 games. I need to revamp my offense.
Ok....so that was a little much but seriously I do average about 55 points per game and usually give up 35 or more every game. That's on the PS3 version. Since the patch on the 360 version I've seen much better scores but the cpu still can't run and they complete 70% of their passes.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Ok....so that was a little much but seriously I do average about 55 points per game and usually give up 35 or more every game. That's on the PS3 version. Since the patch on the 360 version I've seen much better scores but the cpu still can't run and they complete 70% of their passes.
again, I need to revamp my offense or something

If I score over 30 I'm excited.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #19
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
again, I need to revamp my offense or something

If I score over 30 I'm excited.
I use WVU a lot so that might not be fair. LOL White and Devine are freaks on the game. I can go for 200+ with Devine just about every game. How many minute quarters are you playing? I play 7 usually. I even try to slow things down and make the game more low scoring and it still gets out of hand a lot. Again, this is the PS3 version. I've used WVU on the 360 version (post-patch) and I don't always score that much. I played USC the other day and beat them 35-31 but Devine still went for 150 yards.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

How recruiting on the PS2 version this year? My biggest gripe with the last gen versions was easy and predictable recruiting. With all of the issues with the PS3 version I might buy the PS2 if there's been any improvement in recruiting.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #21
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisch44
How recruiting on the PS2 version this year? My biggest gripe with the last gen versions was easy and predictable recruiting. With all of the issues with the PS3 version I might buy the PS2 if there's been any improvement in recruiting.
I've only simmed a few dynasties and recruited on the PS2 but I definitely wasn't able to stack my team after a few seasons as I have been in the past. I was using Central Florida and only landed some 2 and 3 star players in 2 years. I couldn't reel in any of the big in state recruits. On past versions it seemed like it was much easier to get the bigger recruits with smaller schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I use WVU a lot so that might not be fair. LOL White and Devine are freaks on the game. I can go for 200+ with Devine just about every game. How many minute quarters are you playing? I play 7 usually. I even try to slow things down and make the game more low scoring and it still gets out of hand a lot. Again, this is the PS3 version. I've used WVU on the 360 version (post-patch) and I don't always score that much. I played USC the other day and beat them 35-31 but Devine still went for 150 yards.
I play 12 minute quarters.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Yeh people used to complain about last gen but after seeing the next gen I'm more impressed with last gen than I ever was. I don't see the glaring bugs on last gen and I get realistic scores and stats, it's a challenge and fun to play...no its not perfect but it at least resembles football and is an engaging experience. I picked up NCAA football for PS3 and the first drive I went 10-10 and scored a td (on Heisman) with very little effort what so ever. Tecmo Bowl was more realistic that that...
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #24
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
I play 12 minute quarters.
Holy crap!! I don't know what to tell you then. Do you milk the clock? I've been in some serious shootouts in my 7 minute quarter games. It's not that the cpu hits me with big plays but they nickel and dime me all the way down the field and come close to matching me score for score every game that I play, whether it's against Florida Atlantic or Florida. I had a game just the other day that was tied 7-7 at halftime and I was so excited. Then I ended up winning 45-35. The 2nd half turned into a scoring orgy for both of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »