Home

When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

This is a discussion on When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #25
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd
Adam,

I can understand these uniforms being overlooked since the game was complete once they were announced. But, why are you scouring the web for photos when you can call up the NCAA to find out what uniforms were submitted for approval. I'm sure the NCAA would be happy to assist you with this.

These are just ideas for future use. I didn't intend to sound like a jerk. Thanks for your response.

So when calling the "NCAA", whom do you we ask for? "Yeah, um, gimme someone in jerseys...."

You dont make any sense dude...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

I hounded Adam many times in this forum but when it comes to this, its not Adam's fault. He cant change a uni if the school does not unveil it until a month before the game comes out or worst, some teams this year did not unveil new unis until a month before the season. Like for instance SMU. But some of you guys get pretty anal when it comes to your teams unis.

I mean hounding the guy because the patch on the front of the jersey is too damn small or being on suicide watch because your team has to wear black shoes all year instead of white shoes is borderline comical. do you know how many intricacies every uniform has?? for 100+ unis I might add. And some of you guys want to add the Div 1-A teams(FCS or FBS, whatever)??? Will they even have time to get all THEIR unis right AND the new unis next year AND the corrections to the unis already in the game?? in the time they have up to release?? AND all the other stuff we want?? Hell he and the crew probably have to work 24/7 till July...

Ben
Voodoo
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #27
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
I hounded Adam many times in this forum but when it comes to this, its not Adam's fault. He cant change a uni if the school does not unveil it until a month before the game comes out or worst, some teams this year did not unveil new unis until a month before the season. Like for instance SMU. But some of you guys get pretty anal when it comes to your teams unis.

I mean hounding the guy because the patch on the front of the jersey is too damn small or being on suicide watch because your team has to wear black shoes all year instead of white shoes is borderline comical. do you know how many intricacies every uniform has?? for 100+ unis I might add. And some of you guys want to add the Div 1-A teams(FCS or FBS, whatever)??? Will they even have time to get all THEIR unis right AND the new unis next year AND the corrections to the unis already in the game?? in the time they have up to release?? AND all the other stuff we want?? Hell he and the crew probably have to work 24/7 till July...

Ben
Voodoo
Some of us never hounded him. We simply asked if there was a possibility of changing them for this version. I realize that most of these inaccuracies aren't Adam's fault. Probably none of them. It would just be nice to have things as accurate as possible for added realism. It would be nice to change the shoe color as an option since you have no idea that it can change at any time. It does suck to have to play for a year with the wrong color shoes. There is a right way to go about things and asking courteous questions and providing accurate info to help him out in the future is far from comical. I would like all elements to be as true to form as possible so get off your caffeine kick and let people voice their concerns and ideas for improvement.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #28
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd
Adam,

I can understand these uniforms being overlooked since the game was complete once they were announced. But, why are you scouring the web for photos when you can call up the NCAA to find out what uniforms were submitted for approval. I'm sure the NCAA would be happy to assist you with this.

These are just ideas for future use. I didn't intend to sound like a jerk. Thanks for your response.
We work with the schools and the licensing company on this stuff, not the NCAA. Some schools do a great job of sending me hi resolution photos of their uniforms. Others don't. We used to rely on the schools and ended up with really bad uniforms. I remember when I started doing this for NCAA 2006, I quickly found out that Mississippi State's uniforms where two years old.

I want the most accurate uniforms. With so many schools to deal with, we can't call up one entity and have them send us all the designs and photos. I can't trust that to be accurate and I know I won't get 100% coverage.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just to put in my .02

EA gets approval from the schools on which uniforms will be in the game. EA sends them what they have, the school can then say yes or no and/or provide more information, pictures, and other uniforms to use.

Once EA gets this stuff, then they can make it for the game, time permitting.

Also, for those asking why we cannot download uniforms, Adam has stated plenty of times that the art for current-gen (PS3 and X360) is handled differently than on last-gen. If I remember correctly, the art on current-gen is a complete asset. The jersey,pants, socks, shoes, and helmet is one piece of art. Each team has at least two. Multiplied by 120 teams, plus alternates....and getting the machine to render correctly....

You know they still have to work on the rest of the game too right?

I am sure eventually we will get interchangable jerseys and pants (and helmets - Wash. St., Oregon). Let them take their time to get them in the game.

If the game was perfect every year, you wouldn't have to buy a new one.

Please, just enjoy the game!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #30
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
I'd like to hear a reply to this Adam. It seems like a simple and very good solution.
I've answered it many times . That functionality was too costly to maintain year over year and would cut into other features. Not enough people took advantage of it either, so we dropped it.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #31
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergz
And what the happened to Iowa's home uniforms????
That was a mistake that didn't get caught by QA. We have tons of photos showing white numbers. I'm changing up the uniform QA process this year to cut down on errors like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #32
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I've answered it many times . That functionality was too costly to maintain year over year and would cut into other features. Not enough people took advantage of it either, so we dropped it.

Well thats good enough for me. Thank you for replying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »