Home

ARGH! How do I run smooth?

This is a discussion on ARGH! How do I run smooth? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3
ARGH! How do I run smooth?

This is the thing bothering more than anything in this game. My player will not run smooth.

A little juke behind the line as I head for the hole doesn't bother me. But whenever I break into the open, my guy starts stuttering for no reason. Its like he wants to slow down so he can get caught. I'll finally get behind the d and catch the ball, run for about five yards and the shuffling/stopping starts.

Its even worse on kickoff returns. Now sometimes I'll catch it and run smooth with no problem. Other times I'll stutter like twice before running. Annoying but tolerable. But a lot of times my guy won't move, then he'll take two steps, shuffle and freeze again, and repeat. It seems to do it more since the patch also.

I love this game but this is driving me nuts. I don't see anyone else complaining about this though. Is it not happening to you guys? Any ideas on how to avoid this issue?

(I don't use turbo until I'm in the open)

Last edited by scourge; 09-01-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ARGH! How do I run smooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
This is the thing bothering more than anything in this game. My player will not run smooth.

A little juke behind the line as I head for the hole doesn't bother me. But whenever I break into the open, my guy starts stuttering for no reason. Its like he wants to slow down so he can get caught. I'll finally get behind the d and catch the ball, run for about five yards and the shuffling/stopping starts.

Its even worse on kickoff returns. Now sometimes I'll catch it and run smooth with no problem. Other times I'll stuuter like twice before running. Annoying but tolerable. But a lot of times my guy won't move, then he'll take two steps, shuffle and freeze again, and repeat. It seems to do it more since the patch also.

I love this game but this is driving me nuts. I don't see anyone else complaining about this though. Is it not happening to you guys? Any ideas on how to avoid this issue?

(I don't use turbo until I'm in the open)
very very little. It may just be your game if that is possible.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Rookie

some of my players just run this way, some don't. I don't know what to tell ya. It does suck that hte running styles are so different though, with one being very unrealistic.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've started to see this happen after the second patch also. I find it happens more with 2nd string players and the defense than my first string offense. It's very annoying to the eye let alone letting them get caught before they should be.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Rookie

scourge's Arena

well I'm glad I'm just not crazy and others are seeing it even if its not as bad as I have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
Rookie

The running I am seeing looks like the players have crapped their pants and are running to the bathroom without it falling down there pants, kind of hopping/skipping up and down all while swiviling side to side. hard to describe.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
Rookie

scourge's Arena

I wonder if this is something that can be patched. But I guess a lot of other people aren't seeing it.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
Rookie

This has been happening for me A LOT and usually when I'm way out in the open. I do not remember this happening before the second patch, and I always thought I was having controller issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »