Home

kicking questions

This is a discussion on kicking questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
kicking questions

- What's up with the meter when kicking? I push down on the stick and then up, and sometimes the accuracy line goes way off and it's hooked. It almost seems like the outcome is predetermined?

- Also, I don't mess with sliders, but is there one to taper the CPU's kick power a bit? I just lost 10-7 to Kansas State on a 55-yard field goal, which I feel is effing ridiculous. I know it's possible, but the CPU shouldn't be sniper accurate from that far away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: kicking questions

1. No...Just seems like it when your not paying attention.

2. If you dont like it make adjustments.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

CPU kicking is really good without a little adjustment, just go to house rules>custom AI>CPU>Special teams and lower their power/accuracy to your liking.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

Yeah, I lowered it to 10. The CPU kicker missed two and made one off the crossbar from 46-47-ish.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

I did some FG testing using Indiana's Austin Starr on the AA and Heisman settings (I set Starr's rating at OVR 92, KPW 90, KAC 94).

The CPU performed as follows Heisman slider setting KPW10/KAC10 from 50 yards out on 10 kicks: G, G, WR, G, G, WR, G, G, WR, G -70%

On setting KPW0/KAC10 the CPU kicked 80% and on setting 0/0 the CPU kicked 70%

When I moved to 55 yards on setting 0/0 the CPU kicked an astonishing 6 out of 10. (There is no Human setting which will allow me to be that successful with Starr because it is simply impossible to kick the ball that far without wind aid with a 90 KPW rating.

My conclusion from limited testing: the only logical gameplay setting for the CPU is 0/0 and even then, you're going to experience outrageous results by the CPU during game situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

I'm having problem kicking my own now. I pull the stick down and then drive it up, seemingly the same motion each time, but especially on angle kicks, the white line on the accuracy field (that gray shaded area) goes off to the right, and while it sometimes remains in the gray area, the ball hooks wide right.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Ive been noticing this two. I have even missed XPs cus of this. I guess its realistic but it makes me mad

I recruited the hell out of the #1 Kicker and my missed fieldgoals seemed to go down, I was scared with my old kicker when he would kick XP the accuracy bar would go all over the place.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardon
Ive been noticing this two. I have even missed XPs cus of this. I guess its realistic but it makes me mad

I recruited the hell out of the #1 Kicker and my missed fieldgoals seemed to go down, I was scared with my old kicker when he would kick XP the accuracy bar would go all over the place.

Well, at least I'm comforted by the fact I'm not the only one experiencing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »