Home

The game after Patch #2

This is a discussion on The game after Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The game after Patch #2

I played my friend's game when it first came out and was very buggy. It turned me off enough to not buy the game immediately. Now seeing that 2 patches have been released, how much better is it now, and is it worth getting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The game after Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd22422
I played my friend's game when it first came out and was very buggy. It turned me off enough to not buy the game immediately. Now seeing that 2 patches have been released, how much better is it now, and is it worth getting?
I would say its definitely worth buying. I bought it on release day and quicky shelved it because of the horrible gameplay issues. After patch #2, it is very playable and am having alot of fun with it. I have even completed 1 dynasty year, which is something I havent done in Madden or NCAA since 05 on ps2. Thats how boring it got. Buy it
Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

I love it. It's finally a challenge for me to score points and having a good defense is as fun as it's ever been. Most of all, post-patch I finally have a challenge of making my team NC-bound.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the game is like night and day. Its like they re-released NCAA '09. Tell your friend to download the patches and play the game again. Its very much worth another chance post patch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the game is like night and day. Its like they re-released NCAA '09. Tell your friend to download the patches and play the game again. Its very much worth another chance post patch.
I agree it's better post-patch, but it ain't "night and day."

Still almost impossible to sack the CPU (D-line is basically useless), too many interceptions and pick-sixes, CPU playcalling (QB Choice, anyone?) is brain-damaged, and the short passing game is unstoppable if you're capable of making elementary reads.

And who can't make the right reads with that much time in the pocket?

Try NCAA 09 again, sure, but don't expect a miracle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
I agree it's better post-patch, but it ain't "night and day."

Still almost impossible to sack the CPU (D-line is basically useless), too many interceptions and pick-sixes, CPU playcalling (QB Choice, anyone?) is brain-damaged, and the short passing game is unstoppable if you're capable of making elementary reads.

And who can't make the right reads with that much time in the pocket?

Try NCAA 09 again, sure, but don't expect a miracle.
we all have our opinions and we all view things differently. Myself, I don't have any of the issues that you listed. But again, we all view things differently.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

What I have noticed the most is the CPU's ability on defense. Pass rush greatly improved on both sides...Coverages are better for the CPU...It's just a better game period. Kick and punt returns are still a little easy...But they fixed it some to where it's atleast playable. I have played 22 games since the post patch...I only returned 3 kickoffs...and 5 punts. Which is good considering I was getting 3x the amount.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #8
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
we all have our opinions and we all view things differently. Myself, I don't have any of the issues that you listed. But again, we all view things differently.
I dont have those issues either. The pass rush is a bit hard but I can still pull off 1-2 sacks a game, so its really no big deal for me. Plus Im having great games, blowouts when there should be blowouts, nail biters, etc......

PS..... where's the Louisville avatar??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »