Home

Tips on beating overated FSU?

This is a discussion on Tips on beating overated FSU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3
Tips on beating overated FSU?

I tried searching the forum but nothing comes up. These guys are way overated and d-sets i run against other teams work fine but this squad beats everything! Man to man, blitzes, Zone? What is up with this team being so overated? On defense they stop just about everything. And they play man-to-man 90% of the time and stop just about anything i try?
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Tips on beating overated FSU?

i dont think they are underated as to they how the roster looks...they play below their capability but they roster interms of ability is that damm real...but hey for some teams its like that.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Maybe you should try playing them with ECU. You may have better luck.

All kidding aside, Drags and Hitches kill man defenses. Out patterns kill the defense as well. What I do if I run an out pattern is run the WR through the line and snap the ball. The defender usually gets caught up in the rukus and the WR comes free. Find pick routes. Many of the auto motion drag routes are pick routes (see Ace Y).

Defensively, go 335 and run middle blitz. BnR the WR's and play as the FS. You will get more INT's than you can imagine.

These are of course offline strategies. You use them against a human opponent and you will probably get lit up.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for the tips heavy_hitter, I played against FSU last night on my #1 ranked Florida Dynasty and I squeaked out a win(38-31) by returing a kickoff, and stopping the relentless medium passing game.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

That ECU crack hurt!
But thanks for tips, it is for CPU game in Online Dynasty that I can ill afford to loose. I like to run 4-2-5 but im sure i can find a middle blitz pkg and i usually BnR anyway. I have a 95 rated FS so i usually leave him b and play as DE to get some presure on QB.
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenArmz
That ECU crack hurt!
But thanks for tips, it is for CPU game in Online Dynasty that I can ill afford to loose. I like to run 4-2-5 but im sure i can find a middle blitz pkg and i usually BnR anyway. I have a 95 rated FS so i usually leave him b and play as DE to get some presure on QB.
You have the middle blitz for the 425 as well. Just make sure you bring the safety down to stop the RB first. If the RB is on a delay route the QB doesn't have enough time to hit them. The QB NEVER throws deep so you should be able to rattle the crappy FSU QB's.

Oh, I am sure I have a Wake Forest crack coming some where.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

Yeah im wondering how Wake will do this year. Funny thing is, we are so young, they just removed Tyrod's red shirt, so I still dont know if we are going to be down, or crank out 10 wins some kinda way. By the way, i won the game, which i had to play 3 times thanks to EA servers. That middle blitz worked well as did some safety blitz from the outside. Thanks again and good luck this year.
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 09-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Man i play these guys in my Colorado dynasty and i CANNOT touch them. Their D is insane and my D cannot tackle their RB Smith. This dude i swear looks like Barry Sanders against me lol And that qb Ponder eats my secondary for lunch....and forget trying to cover Carr and Surrency lol

I'm not sure if its my one game that im pre programmed to lose by default or they got a slight early lead and their HFA just snowballed.....I mean i've beaten Texas,Mizzou,WVU,etc etc but not FSU. Are they REALLY this good? Weren't they only 7-6 last season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »