Home

impact transfers?

This is a discussion on impact transfers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7
impact transfers?

usually they dont mean much when you play as one of the big teams but in my UAB dynasty... Mon williams transferred to me from florida and is now starting in year three as an 89 overall with 92 speed and he is a freaking monster.........my next best player is like a 84..........so its cool when your 1 star program gets this kind of boost......he broke off 165 yards on 30 carriers in his first game.....hopefully this continues...my offense was horrible my first 2 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: impact transfers?

I'm FIU and just had 5 guys transfer to me after year 1!!! Can't remember some of the names, but i know i got Richard Samuel (UGA - RB) and Desmond Jackson (OU - S).....are they eligible to play the next year for u?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
I'm FIU and just had 5 guys transfer to me after year 1!!! Can't remember some of the names, but i know i got Richard Samuel (UGA - RB) and Desmond Jackson (OU - S).....are they eligible to play the next year for u?
If they transferred after your 1st year then they can play during your 3rd year.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
usually they dont mean much when you play as one of the big teams but in my UAB dynasty... Mon williams transferred to me from florida and is now starting in year three as an 89 overall with 92 speed and he is a freaking monster.........my next best player is like a 84..........so its cool when your 1 star program gets this kind of boost......he broke off 165 yards on 30 carriers in his first game.....hopefully this continues...my offense was horrible my first 2 seasons.
Yeah that's one thing I miss now that I'm using Miami. The smaller schools get some sweet transfers at times, but the transferring stage isn't as fun for bigger schools/
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

In our OS Legends online dynasty we had a crazy transfer:

I'm Notre Dame and Jimmy Clausen struggled for me early. I benched him and my freshman backup played really well and Clausen never saw the field again.

He transferred to Auburn, who beat me in the National Title game, who is coached by AuburnAlumni.

Clausen sat out 2009 and started for Auburn the first two games in 2010. He posted an 0-2 record and threw 6 INTs. He's now on the Auburn bench.

I sincerely hope he lights it up IRL though!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
In our OS Legends online dynasty we had a crazy transfer:

I'm Notre Dame and Jimmy Clausen struggled for me early. I benched him and my freshman backup played really well and Clausen never saw the field again.

He transferred to Auburn, who beat me in the National Title game, who is coached by AuburnAlumni.

Clausen sat out 2009 and started for Auburn the first two games in 2010. He posted an 0-2 record and threw 6 INTs. He's now on the Auburn bench.

I sincerely hope he lights it up IRL though!
Wow, that's a crazy story. Last year I played with MTSU and after year 1, Demetrius Jones, QB for ND, transferred to me. Of course he sat out his 1 season then came in and made a huge impact on my sputtering offense. The funny thing is that one week in real time after he transferred to me at MTSU, he transferred to Cinci in real life.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

ok so i got both sides of it now.......mt 4 star QB just transfered to VANDY...WTF...........he played every snap.................................the only good news is i signed anotehr 4 star QB.....and he may be better.......................we will see
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

During my first dynasty season as TCU, I was able to recruit a 4* DE who was a C+ Overall player from Missouri. He had some really nice skills and I was looking to have him be the successor to one of my DE positions by year 2 as my current DE were nasty and were both graduating. He got to play some during his freshman year and ended up with a salty 5 sacks on the season in a part time role. After the end of the season, he transfers to Missouri leaving me with 3 DE's on my roster with only one worth playing. I was pissed. I managed to patch my DE position, made my way through the next couple of seasons, and ended up playing Missouri in the Big XII Championship game. By this time, I had forgotten all about him until I was checking through ESPN and Campus news before the game. One of the news cards read, "Smith looking for revenge against former team" or something to that effect. Quickly enough, I remembered who he was and thought it was a cool touch on the game. Needless to say, Missouri got crushed (although he did get a sack) in that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »