Home

Question for OMT

This is a discussion on Question for OMT within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Question for OMT regarding blocks in the back not being called a penalty

Why is their a block in the back animation but no penalty? It is really starting drive me crazy. Now I know you aren't the animation guy but I am wondering why would this animation even be put in the game if no penalty is called. So please for next year either get rid of the animation or call it a penalty which I would prefer.

Also I am just wondering how nobody in caught that their was a block in the back animation but no penalty when the game was being tested?

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Question for OMT

That's what I figured, their is no explanation for blocks in the back not to be penalities. Also I have a hard time believing nobody else is getting annoyed seeing blocks in the back galore without penalties.

Then again maybe it was intentionally put into the game without no penalty to create wide open gameplay.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

There is a Q&A thread where OMT will answer accordindly
Old 09-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
MVP

^^^He hasn't answered a question in that thread for awhile.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That's what I figured, their is no explanation for blocks in the back not to be penalities. Also I have a hard time believing nobody else is getting annoyed seeing blocks in the back galore without penalties.

Then again maybe it was intentionally put into the game without no penalty to create wide open gameplay.
Sorry.. didn't see this post. I'm not sure why they aren't called, but it isn't intended to create wide open gameplay. I'm pretty sure this happened before "wide open gameplay."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
MVP

^^^In no other NCAA's were block in the backs not called. In fact I don't think their was even a block in the back animation.

Maybe I should be asking the animation guy this but it baffles me how a block in the back animation was put in the game and nobody caught it wasn't being called a penalty. Also I am wondering why this wasn't adressed in the patch, alot of people were pointing out this out.

Here is a video that shows the animation
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/39143
It happens all the time including on punts and kickoffs too, if it happened only occasionally I woudn't care as much but it doesn't and happens often to the guy I am controlling.

I appreciate you answering my question though. Also I have another question. I have noticed a problem in my dynasties with the cpu controlled teams recruiting. They don't seem to recruit positions they need. For instance I will see teams with positions where they have no players and the other positions will seem to have an overload of players. It seems the computer also doesn't make position changes. For instance I will see cpu controlled teams with 5 or 6 RE but no LE. Will this by worked on for future games?

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »