Home

Go Routes

This is a discussion on Go Routes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Go Routes

I have never been able to complete a pass to a WR on a Go route. I was just wondering if there is a trick to this? I cannot seem to get the ball up and over the CB, if I lob it the safety just comes over and knocks it down. Any strategy to this? I dont expect to complete these passes right and left but it seems like the only passes I have success with are crosses over the middle and the occassional corner strike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Go Routes

in order to make that throw work...QB needs to have a arm, WR needs to be fast and most important you have to step up when throwing this pass or at least not be falling back. I have found that when stepping there is a greater chance to throw past the defender and the ability to knock down the pass. you may over throw the pass from time to time but you wont throw the pick. if you have safety over the top DONT THROW IT.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Only throw it in one on one with no safety over the top. Having tall receiver helps as well as having a fast receiver.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

So it can be done!!! Thanks to both for your insight. Final question, does it matter how hard/ soft I throw the ball to the receiver? It seems like if i gun the ball the trajectory is too low and the corner has an easy swipe at it; or perhaps this is just a QB accuracy rating issue?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

While it helps to have a QB with 90+ QB Throw Power and 80+ QB Throw Accuracy, you really need to read the defense. If you see one or both safeties step up in the box, they have a blitz coming leaving you with a one-on-one opportunity. You might need to check a TE, HB, or FB in to block to assist with the blitz because you'll need time to complete the throw. The trick to complete the pass, is to wait for the WR to pull even with the CB and then make the throw. Your throw should be to the opposite side of the CB and be high to increase your odds. You can still complete this pass if the defense is in Cover-2, but you'll need a slot WR or fast TE running a deep post on the side of the field of the WR running the go route. If the safety pulls away to help cover the middle, the go route is potentially open. Also, check the defensive personnel ratings for the CB, FS, and SS you are up against (coaches know what they are up against in real life, too). If they have a slow CB or Safety, abuse him with your fast WR. He'll be covered for the first 10 to 15 yards, but eventually, your WR will blow past him leaving the go route open. Another option to complete the go route are to use sluggo (slant and go) routes. Your WR fakes a slant route and then takes a go route. Have your QB pump fake the slant route to help the CB bite on the slant. If the CB bites the slant, you are in business. Hope these tips help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

They need to reconfigure the WR/DB animations for deep balls. The problem is that WRs don't realize there is a DB trying to go after the ball too. They will continue on their route as though they are wide open. Often they will perform incorrect catch animations which give them zero chance to catch the ball.

I feel as though deep balls are too easy to complete on any level if you user catch. Give me a tall receiver and I'll go up and get it over the CPU the majority of the time.

Completing it against the AI without user catching is much more difficult. You need one on one coverage and hope you get a decent animation or have a couple steps on the DB.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Some good advice from Roy. If you still find the deep ball too hard to complete, drop the cpu knockdown slider. The lower that is, the easier it is to complete the deep pass.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
They need to reconfigure the WR/DB animations for deep balls. The problem is that WRs don't realize there is a DB trying to go after the ball too. They will continue on their route as though they are wide open. Often they will perform incorrect catch animations which give them zero chance to catch the ball.
Thank you! CPU controlled WR's are the most clueless players on the field. I'm a CPU/CPU dynasty player and it's atrocious to watch these guys on any deep pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »